All Star Game/Festivities Interest

Bahama O's Fan

8 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

With only having one O's player there, Lopez, and no one in the HR derby, how much do you care about the all star "stuff"? Will you watch? How much will you watch?

I usually watch some of the Futures Game but I was out Saturday and missed it.   I usually watch the HRD, so I probably will tonight, although there's a new episode of Better Call Saul so that will be mighty tempting if the derby isn't keeping my interest.   And I pretty much always watch game.   

Celebrity softball games?   "Red carpet show"?   Nah, won't bother.

I know the players need the break, but as a fan who isn’t 14 years old anymore, the All-Star Game and break is my least favorite time of the regular season. I just dread seeing “no games scheduled” in July. Once they made the outcome of the game meaningful to the regular season, it grew even more absurd. 

30 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I know the players need the break, but as a fan who isn’t 14 years old anymore, the All-Star Game and break is my least favorite time of the regular season. I just dread seeing “no games scheduled” in July. Once they made the outcome of the game meaningful to the regular season, it grew even more absurd. 

+1, I really don't care about the game itself. I might feel differently if the O's had 3-4 players. As it is, I just can't wait for the next real game. There aren't even other sports on for distraction. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I hated it when they extended the break from three days to four.   Especially this year when we had two days off last week.  

I’m sure the players like it though.  

Yeah, I don't really care and don't plan on watching it this year.  If an Oriole was starting in the game and I was sure to see him play then I'd be much more likely to make sure to catch it.  But as it is I probably won't.  Same with home run derby.

I'm a baseball fan. I'm gonna watch the ASG. It'd be awesome if we had more than Jorge representing the O's, but we really didn't have anyone truly more deserving. I think that changes in a year or two. 

I watched the derby and enjoyed it. Julio is about to take over the league. The kid is crazy good. 

6 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

IL play killed the AS game, but I still watch it.  Never cared at all for the HR derby but my boys do so here I am watching it.

That’s a good point about IL play. Before that it was like seeing a collection of exotic animals most people had heard about but had rarely seen. “Ooh, it’s a wild Gwynn, shown in his natural habitat.” 

• Upvote 2