When can we expect the new draft class to be in uniform?

It seemed as if the 2019 Aberdeen and 2021 Delmarva team were all in place from the draft quite quickly.

I realize most will go to the FCL for a period prior to assignment.

I see last season Colton Cowser was:

--drafted on 7/11

--played in FCL beginning 8/2

--played in Delmarva beginning 8/17

Is this fairly typical?  Should we expect some of the lower round players sooner or later?

Can some of you folks who are more familiar with the process give me a general timeline? 

Signing deadline for new draftees is on August 1st.   So i predict people that sign before August 1st could report before August 1st.   But everyone who signs by August 1st will report by then or very shortly thereafter.

You're very welcome!  :)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I’m hopeful Holliday sees some time in Delmarva but doubt it happens.

For context, in 2021, Coby Mayo played in 26 FCL games before being promoted to Delmarva, where he ended up playing 27 games.

8 minutes ago, LTO's said:

That was not his draft year though. 

Ah, you're right.  Gunnar played in 29 Gulf Coast league games in in 2019 but did not see A ball until 2021 with 2020 being a missed year.  Bobby Witt played in 37 Rookie league games in 2019 but didn't move up until 2021 as well.

6 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Ah, you're right.  Gunnar played in 29 Gulf Coast league games in in 2019 but did not see A ball until 2021 with 2020 being a missed year.  Bobby Witt played in 37 Rookie league games in 2019 but didn't move up until 2021 as well.

Neither one hit great in the FCL, either.  Let’s see what happens if Holliday puts up an .800+ OPS.   Howrver, I’m fine if they leave him in the FCL no matter what.  

FWIW, Manny played two games in the GCL the year he was drafted, then got moved to the NY-Penn League for the 7 remaining games of the season.  Of course, that level of MiL ball no longer exists.  

Just based on last year and 2019, it would be extremely unusual for a high school player to advance to Low-A. They have a lot going on, 1) transitioning to wood, but even outside of the games 2) they're living away from home for the first time 3) transitioning to a pro schedule etc. Having to manage a multi-state move in the middle of all of that is a lot.