Signature Moments

Filmstudy

baseball-baltimore-orioles-during-pileup

To this day, I can't hear the name Chris Bosio without getting a bit annoyed.

I'm curious if anyone else remembers this.  I distinctly remember going to an Orioles/Royals game in the late 80s at Memorial Stadium.  Sat up way high behind home plate.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure Kevin Seitzer charged the mound at one point and was ejected.  I've looked and looked for this before and I can't find any evidence of it anywhere.  Does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

Also, '93 All Star Game, Mussina warming on his own in the bullpen and Cito Gaston failing to bring him in front of the home crowd.  And the "Cito Sucks" aftermath for a year or two afterward.  Nothing much made me smile more as a young teenager than a bootleg Cito Sucks t-shirt at a game.  

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm curious if anyone else remembers this.  I distinctly remember going to an Orioles/Royals game in the late 80s at Memorial Stadium.  Sat up way high behind home plate.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure Kevin Seitzer charged the mound at one point and was ejected.  I've looked and looked for this before and I can't find any evidence of it anywhere.  Does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

I that was the brawl that got Cal’s knee injured and almost stopped his streak just short of Gehrig’s.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

I that was the brawl that got Cal’s knee injured and almost stopped his streak just short of Gehrig’s.

If they hadn't had an off-day the next day he says he couldn't have played. Mussina got injured in that one as well and he wasn't the same the rest of that season. 

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I recall Mussina being at the bottom of the pile for this one.

• Upvote 1