This is strange...

blueberryale77

You answered by saying GM's don't want guys that cant do some things. But everyone can play that new position DH. Now all teams should be calling us, right?

I also said that most organizations have players like Knott...No need to trade for him.

Besides, do you have any proof that some team hasn't called asking about Knott in a trade? If you do, may i see that link please.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologised for mixing up good for great. You have yet to give us his good hitting good power numbers this year in AAA.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/K/Jon-Knott.shtml

How about his "good hitting good power numbers" for EVERY year he's been in AAA.

97 2b, 14 3b (!), 92 home runs, .269/.353/.516/.869 in parts of five years (behind Ryan "They Gave Me THAT Big A Contract?" Klesko and Adrian "OH Heartthrob" Gonzalez).

And that doesn't include his splits, which I'm sure someone else would be glad to provide.

Birdman, i don't understand something...You have the argument that no one is trying to trade for Knott...That he is a career MiLer and is old. You also have the argument that basiclaly states that since no one has wanted him, he must not be any good.

Yet, you ask for House, who isn't that much younger than Knott, has been with 3 organizations and never had a chance either.

His OPS is all of 80 points higher than Knott's right now and had Knott not be in the majors these past few weeks, maybe he is up where House is as he was hitting well getting regular playing time in Norfolk.

So, do you always have different rules for the same types of players?

You answered by saying GM's don't want guys that cant do some things. But everyone can play that new position DH. Now all teams should be calling us, right?

So, because some teams are stupid, we should be as well?

(God, I hate being on the same side as Sports Guy. It just doesn't feel right.)

I also said that most organizations have players like Knott...No need to trade for him.

Besides, do you have any proof that some team hasn't called asking about Knott in a trade? If you do, may i see that link please.

Most do but not all teams.

Yes I have proof. The other team offered us another player that could not hit or field either. We then demanded their #1 popcorn vendor and they refused. I can't blame them.

Going to watch the game. Have a good night.

So, you agree with every decision a manager makes?

Did I say that? Of course not and you know it. What I was saying is that Trembley is the manager, and he makes the decisions. Whether or not we agree with them doesn't matter because we have absolutely no control over what he choses to do. All we can do is b*tch and complain about the ones we don't agree with. Do you honestly believe you, or anyone else on this board, have the skills and the knowledge necessary to do a better job? Don't bother answering....I already know the answer.

To me, it's pretty simple. Fahey, Bynum, & Hernandez are all identical in my eyes. Gomez plays the same positions but hits better than all of them. His defense has been passible so he'd be my choice for utility infielder. Though he's not fast, so if you MUST have a pinch runner, I'd have that guy double as a backup outfielder. So given what we have to work with, I'd keep Gomez and Bynum. If Hernandez could put up consistently better batting numbers, I'd give him a look.

Otherwise, I'd prefer a bench that has a chance to hit. I do think given a chance, House/Knott/whoever would probably end up better hitters than Fahey, Bynum, Hernandez. Their minor league numbers are better, and they have never been given more than scattered at bats at the major league level. Certainly not the chance Fahey got last year,and the time Bynum has had this year. I value trying to find that possible "diamond in the rough" bat... rather than having lots of slick fielders sitting on the bench.

Fahey didn't win us the suspended game tonight coming up to bat in the bottom of the ninth with his flashy defense. It also was a nice touch to keep both Fahey and Hernandez and not use either in the full game. :)

I know many of y'all disagree with me, as does the club apparently. Guess it's the old 'agree to disagree' thing. I'd go with offense, while they really like the glove.

Did I say that? Of course not and you know it. What I was saying is that Trembley is the manager, and he makes the decisions. Whether or not we agree with them doesn't matter because we have absolutely no control over what he choses to do. All we can do is b*tch and complain about the ones we don't agree with. Do you honestly believe you, or anyone else on this board, have the skills and the knowledge necessary to do a better job? Don't bother answering....I already know the answer.

In so many words? Yes you did.

Oh ok, so let's not discuss anything. Hey Tony, let's shut down the Hangout. Hippie here thinks it is pointless to question a manager and talk about it.:rolleyes:

What is strange?

The Orioles are seemingly making a poor roster decision...What is strange about that?

What would be strange is if they did the right thing with the roster.

Like claiming Guthrie and making him a starter?

or...

Getting Cpat for 2 A bawlers we'll never hear from again?

or...

Finally hiring Trembley?

or...

Not trading Brob for LaRoche and Giles...

There are some positives ya know. ;)

Like claiming Guthrie and making him a starter?

or...

Getting Cpat for 2 A bawlers we'll never hear from again?

or...

Finally hiring Trembley?

or...

Not trading Brob for LaRoche and Giles...

There are some positives ya know. ;)

That wasn't the decision of the FO.

In so many words? Yes you did.

Oh ok, so let's not discuss anything. Hey Tony, let's shut down the Hangout. Hippie here thinks it is pointless to question a manager and talk about it.:rolleyes:

And I didn't say that either. Try reading my post again. Obviously you failed reading comprehension in school?

And I didn't say that either. Try reading my post again. Obviously you failed reading comprehension in school?

Nah...Just know how you post.

Combine what you said in that post and your posts basically saying we should go with what he said because he is the manager and that is how i read what you are saying.

Archived