This is strange...

blueberryale77

Now tell me why Knott is a great hitter.
Who ever said Knott was a great hitter? Could you point me to that post please?
Do you see other teams knocking our door down to trade for him?
Nope...That is because most organization have MiLers like this. Guys who are always overlooked because people focus on what they don't do instead of what they do well. So, they continue to flounder in the minors until some smart team(like Oakland, Atlanta) plays them.
There are plenty of teams that need a great power hitter. Wish you owned a team we could fleece you.
Great power hitter?

What the hell is that? Talk about putting words into people's mouths.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you want a bench that can't field at all?

Knott isn't some atrocious LFer.

He is better than Gibbons, Millar and Huff.

He is probably every bit as good out there as Fahey is.

No idea how he plays first.

And overall yes...The AL has this new position called DH....The DH doesn;t have to play in the field.

Who ever said Knott was a great hitter? Could you point me to that post please?

Nope...That is because most organization have MiLers like this. Guys who are always overlooked because people focus on what they don't do instead of what they do well. So, they continue to flounder in the minors until some smart team(like Oakland, Atlanta) plays them.Great power hitter?

What the hell is that? Talk about putting words into people's mouths.

:rolleyes:

I think you said he was a good hitter against lefties.

You are right you said he was a good power hitter. I was wrong to use the word great. You were wrong to say he was a good power hitter.

BTW what was his OPS in triple A this year?

What were his power numbers like, against cream puff pitching?

Please infrom me. Thanks

Guest oriofan8
I wouldn't call Trembley's desire for good defense an obsession. While I don't necessarily agree with the move, Knott was barely used and was non-productive in his limited at bats....not a good barometer, I know. However, I think I'll quietly accept the decision of a guy who has spent the last 20+ years in baseball as a manager.....and likely has much more baseball savvy than most people on this board.

First...how do you know it's Trembley's decision that Knott got sent down??

Second....your quietly conceding the fact that Trembley has more baseball savvy than everyone on this board....Shoot....I hope so !!! But you could put that comment onto about every thread started on the OH.

Third....a true "ole hippi" would never "accept" a decision from anyone much less do it quietly.:D

You're beginning to worry me.....

Knott isn't some atrocious LFer.

He is better than Gibbons, Millar and Huff.

He is probably every bit as good out there as Fahey is.

No idea how he plays first.

And overall yes...The AL has this new position called DH....The DH doesn;t have to play in the field.

Thats great you use 3 guys that are not outfielders. He is not as good as Fahey in the outfield who is also not an outfielder. And yes even Knotts dog which he can't hit can field better than Gibbons.

Now you want Knott and House how many right handed DH's can we have for this new position? Boy when you know you are wrong your arguments get weaker and weaker. You are usualy smarter than this. I agree with 90% of your post but you aren't even close to making since on this one.

I think you said he was a good hitter against lefties.
And he is...His MiL numbers back that up.
You are right you said he was a good power hitter. I was wrong to use the word great. You were wrong to say he was a good power hitter.

Meaningless things like stats tell you i am right and you are wrong.

BTW what was his OPS in triple A this year?
.766 in a small sample size and he had back problems. I can tell you that his OPS has gotten better every month, probably because he is healthy now:

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?pl=431160&tm=NorIL&bp=b

Please infrom me.
I have been doing that this thread..You just don't care about factual evidence.

Thats great you use 3 guys that are not outfielders
Millar and Gibbons have played in LF this year...Huff has in the past. We don't many OFers right now, so you have to consider everyone.
He is not as good as Fahey in the outfield who is also not an outfielder
I disagree.
Now you want Knott and House how many right handed DH's can we have for this new position?
House should catch.
Boy when you know you are wrong your arguments get weaker and weaker
.LOL...I have the weak argument? This entire thread you have ignored stats and factual evidence and twisted my words saying i used things like "great power hitter" and things like that. Your argument is beyond awful and has nothing to back it up.

.766 in a small sample size and he had back problems. I can tell you that his OPS has gotten better every month, probably because he is healthy now:

Who cares about MiL numbers?!?!?!?!

.766 in a

small sample size and he had back problems. I can tell you that his OPS has gotten better every month, probably because he is healthy now:

Very smart. I ask for nunbers and you give none. That is factual evidence.

Now like I asked before where are all the suitors for this good hitter and good power hitter, that can play the new position DH?

Millar and Gibbons have played in LF this year...Huff has in the past. We don't many OFers right now, so you have to consider everyone. I disagree.

House should catch. .LOL...I have the weak argument? This entire thread you have ignored stats and factual evidence and twisted my words saying i used things like "great power hitter" and things like that. Your argument is beyond awful and has nothing to back it up.

I apologised for mixing up good for great. You have yet to give us his good hitting good power numbers this year in AAA.

Very smart. I ask for nunbers and you give none. That is factual evidence

Did you not see the link i posted?

Now like I asked before where are all the suitors for this good hitter and good power hitter, that can play the new position DH?
I already answered this ridiculous question.

I apologised for mixing up good for great. You have yet to give us his good hitting good power numbers this year in AAA.

Because i am smart enough to know that judging a player on 200+ ab's, especially while he had a back problem, is beyond stupid.

However, i did post his numbers for this year and i did show how he has gotten better every month and has shown more power.

Did you not see the link i posted?

I already answered this ridiculous question.

You answered by saying GM's don't want guys that cant do some things. But everyone can play that new position DH. Now all teams should be calling us, right?

You gave one stat that I saw that did not answer his numbers for this year.

Archived