This is strange...

blueberryale77

Roch's latest...

Interesting scene unfolding: Luis Hernandez and Brandon Fahey are taking turns fielding grounders at shortstop.

I guess the Orioles decided against a rock-papers-scissors competition to decide which player is optioned.

Freddie Bynum just joined them.

So who is going down? Are we to assume Knott again? I'm not one of his backers, but what on earth would you do with Fahey and Hernandez and Gomez all at the same time? Could this mean something big is in the works involving Tejada? Where is Tejada and why isn't he taking grounders at SS too?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's weird. You'd figure since its his first day back that he'd be knocking people over to go field grounders.

Maybe he's getting taped up for the game??? :confused:

It's the first game of the series, so they're all supposed to not just take grounders but take infield practice as a team... maybe the starters already did that separately and now the bench players are taking grounders? I certainly hope Miggy isn't already playing hooky from practice! :002_ssuprised: (Not that I think he is, I'm content to assume for now that there's a good explanation for everything.)

I'm assuming they make the move in between games because isn't Tejada ineligible for the suspended game?

That makes no sense....what if he got hurt again playing the suspended game? Besides, it's doubtful he's being traded.

Two crazy threads already....and it's only Friday. Can't wait to see the madness on the board Tuesday....:P

When does Bynum come off the DL?

Probably not real soon. A couple days ago he wasn't doing baseball activities and I'd assume he at least rehabs somewhere first and probably for longer than Tejada did. Anyway I hope when he does get re-activated it's only a technicality so they can DFA him.

Wow! I liked this line:

The Orioles optioned Jon Knott to Triple-A Norfolk and added 15 more shortstops.

Who the heck is going to play the outfield? You only have 4 outfielders if you count Gibbons! I guess Fahey is #5 but WHY IS HE HERE?!

Archived