Trey Mancini Traded to the Astros

RVAOsFan

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not saying clubhouse chemistry is not a thing, but I will tell you this, I've never been in a winning team's clubhouse where it was not a lot of fun and everyone acted like they got along. 

.  .  .

I never was in their clubhouse, but the A's teams of the 1970s are frequently cited as a great team with lots of rancor among the players. The Yankee teams of the late 70s are another. There have been others that aren't coming to mind. Then the media got to see or hear about some of the problems among a team's players. Now they're pretty well hidden from view -- or don't exist, if you prefer to think human nature has changed.

21 minutes ago, oriole said:

I don’t really know how to find this information out but I’d imagine the 40 man roster is going to be pretty inflexible pretty soon. I’m sure there’s got to be a few decent players that need to be added to protect from the rule 5. Carrying Johnson for a whole year knowing he will be just taking up space during the off-season seems like a head scratcher to me. But maybe there’s not as many Rule 5 eligible guys as I’m expecting. There’s just a lot of talent in the upper minors which usually coincides with minor league service time. 

Check out the thread in the minor league section. The consensus seems to be that 3-5 players will be added.

• Thanks 1

I'm happy Trey gets to go to a winning team and a shot at a ring.  Overall tough, as he has easily been a great player to watch as a fan. 

Hoping health and progress for the guys we get in return.  I get the upside, but it certainly isn't fun today.  

Also would love to see Diaz step up and perform.   I get the feeling more is in there and motivation is inconsistent.   Time will tell but maybe getting some time triggers a spark.  Maybe. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Seth Johnson is going to have to be added to the 40-man roster or else he will be Rule 5 eligible. Players recovering from Tommy John surgery have been drafted before, and the Orioles probably have more 40-man flexibility to carry Johnson all off season than the Rays do.

This is true, but he can be moved to the 60 man during the season. So if they don't call up Gunnar this year, that would be a way to clear a spot for him in the spring etc

2 hours ago, 86this said:

Took some experimenting for me to figure this out also.

When you paste the link you will see a popup at the bottom that says, "Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead".

Click the button to "Paste as plain text instead" and the Tweet will display.

If it still doesn't display after that make sure you only include the url up to and including the number of the tweet. Delete anything beyond that. So in this case you delete anything after https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1554211811150499840.

Edited by byrdz
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1