Have We Reached Our High Water Mark?

WarehouseChatter

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Treading water isn’t going to cut it.  The 6th spot is 11 games over right now.   I don’t think we can expect any of the teams ahead of us to play sub-.500 ball from here.   

As enjoyable as this season has been I can’t see them getting to 90 wins. That would take 26-14 the rest of the way. 87-88 wins is a more realistic goal. I brought it up on the other thread but my hope is when TOR/TB play 9 times one team dominates. 5-4 split is worst case scenario.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

As enjoyable as this season has been I can’t see them getting to 90 wins. That would take 26-14 the rest of the way. 87-88 wins is a more realistic goal. I brought it up on the other thread but my hope is when TOR/TB play 9 times one team dominates. 5-4 split is worst case scenario.  

So, is it better for us if Tampa dominates, or Toronto?   We don’t have any more games with Tampa, while we play Toronto 10 times.  Better for us if Tampa dominates, I guess.  That puts us in the best position to control our own destiny.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, is it better for us if Tampa dominates, or Toronto?   We don’t have any more games with Tampa, while we play Toronto 10 times.  Better for us if Tampa dominates, I guess.  That puts us in the best position to control our own destiny.  

From a tiebreaker standpoint, yes.  I keep thinking though the Jays have a huge upside and are due to go on a run. 

Time will tell. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Additions of Henderson, Wells and possibly Grayson Rodriguez will definitely not hurt. 

Honestly at this point they keep exceeding expectations so I wouldn't put anything past them. 

I would be surprised if GRod pitches this year. Maybe he throws some in AFL. With his upside I think they will be overly cautious and I don’t blame them. 

Hall will be up at some point and hopefully Gunnar soon. Wells could be a nice piece in September.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

I would be surprised if GRod pitches this year. Maybe he throws some in AFL. With his upside I think they will be overly cautious and I don’t blame them. 

Hall will be up at some point and hopefully Gunnar soon. Wells could be a nice piece in September.  

I agree that they won't do it unless and until he's legit healthy. But if he's legit healthy, why not? He's got some bullets left in the chamber in terms of innings for the year and he's arguably the best pitcher in the entire organization.

They'd be silly not to if he's healthy. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I agree that they won't do it unless and until he's legit healthy. But if he's legit healthy, why not? He's got some bullets left in the chamber in terms of innings for the year and he's arguably the best pitcher in the entire organization.

They'd be silly not to if he's healthy. 

There’s health, but also rust.  Will he be as sharp as he was before the injury?

51 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Easy. We just need another 10 game win streak.

I was actually thinking this last night as I saw the Mariners polish off the woeful Nats giving us an 0 fer in gaining ground. We are playing slightly above .500 ball but that is not going to cut it w/ less than 40 to play. We need to go on a 8 or 9 out of 10 span to actually TIE one or more of the 3 WCs. A sweep of CHI and at least 3-3 vs HOU/CLE and then a sweep of the A's which would be 9-3. Going into the last weeks of the season that would likely get us in the top 3. Unrealistic probably but otherwise we will have to clobber TOR in head to head games in order to get into the top 3.

3 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

0-4 now when going for 7 above .500, which means that they are 6-7 over their last 13. Not horrible, but not good enough for a pennant race.

I love the job Elias has done, but not calling up Henderson by now to improve the lineup (and the defense) is a mistake on Elias' part. It makes no sense to wait any longer if the primary objective is to make the playoffs, which is what the objective needs to be.