The Orioles have the best record in the AL since July 3

Uli2001

One thing I am sure of is that Elias wont do what the Orioles did in 89 and think we were better than we ended up being.  I am fairly confident we wont trade 3 freaking all stars for an injured first base that likes to get into bar fights.  

I hope we dont trade any of our prospects this offseason but use the Free Agent market for a starting pitcher or two.

Not to be a debbie downer but this strategically chosen sample size includes a lot of games against the Rangers, Cubs, Angels, Rays, Reds, and Pirates.

We will see how we do against mostly divisional opponents (not to mention Houston) the rest of the way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Not to be a debbie downer but this strategically chosen sample size includes a lot of games against the Rangers, Cubs, Angels, Rays, Reds, and Pirates.

We will see how we do against mostly divisional opponents (not to mention Houston) the rest of the way.

I do not think it's strategically chosen. Yes, July 3 was the beginning of the 10-game win streak. Since the streak, they are 13-8. It's the record up to the present, so it's not like I selected an interval of time carefully to make them look good. It's what they have been doing lately, up to the present.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

I didn't know we're counting the Rays as in the scrub category...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hallas said:

I didn't know we're counting the Rays as in the scrub category...

I'm looking through my post for the word "scrub" and I'm not seeing it.  Hmmmm.   If I'm missing anything let me know.

Since mid May or so the Rays have been roughly a .500 team.    They aren't bad.   They also haven't been their dominant selves either.

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

I'm looking through my post for the word "scrub" and I'm not seeing it.  Hmmmm.   If I'm missing anything let me know.

Since mid May or so the Rays have been roughly a .500 team.    They aren't bad.   They also haven't been their dominant selves either.

Starting tonight, we will be facing a trio of Rays starters that could, in fact, be in the rotation of a dominant team: Kluber, McClanahan, and Rasmussen. The Rays are not part of an easy or  just mildly challenging stretch in the schedule.

Edited by LA2

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Starting tonight, we will be facing a trio of Rays starters that could, in fact, be in the rotation of a dominant team: Kluber, McClanahan, and Rasmussen. The Rays are not part of an easy or even just mildly challenging stretch in the schedule.

I'm hoping Kluber is an Elias target for an O's jersey this winter. 

18 hours ago, Aglets said:

18 games against teams under .500 and 14 games against teams over .500. That seems like a pretty decent sample to me. Not like it’s only bottom of the barrel teams.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aglets said:

Your list includes 5 teams that are more than 10 games under .500, and the Rays.   So given that you mentioned this list in reference to the easier strength of schedule over the timeframe we are discussing, I think I could be forgiven for looking at this list and seeing a bunch of scrubs and the Rays.

Edited by Hallas