Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

24 minutes ago, deward said:

You'd be shocked if Elias plays service time games with Henderson? Why would that shock you? I won't even be shocked if he does that with GrayRod.

Henderson? The guy Elias promoted to triple A while he was still 20 years old? 

23 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Who has he played service time games with? His process has been at times excruciatingly slow in promoting prospects to the top level, but he seems to follow his process.  

And, yeah, I'd be shocked if he holds Henderson down until ~May. And he's pretty much said GrayRod will be on the opening day roster.

I think his process up to this point has been to find every little financial edge he can. Perhaps he changes gears now that the team is (hopefully) entering a competitive window, but we'll have to see him prove it. Calling up Hall is definitely a step in the right direction.

Orioles in St. Petersburg, Fla., according to a source.

Hall, the No. 4 prospect in the system per MLBPipeline.com, has posted a 4.76 ERA and 1.486 WHIP in 18 starts with Triple-A Norfolk. He’s walked 44 batters in 70 innings but also struck out 114.

To be determined is when Hall, 23, joins the active roster. He’s left the Tides, who are in Rochester.

Also unknown is what Hall’s role will be upon his arrival. Whether he makes any starts or works out of the bullpen during a pennant race.

Hall started Sunday for the Tides and struck out eight batters in 5 1/3 innings. He allowed two runs and five hits with three walks.

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/blogger/school-of-roch

4 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Henderson? The guy Elias promoted to triple A while he was still 20 years old? 

What does that have to do with it? He could easily use his age as a justification for giving him more time in AAA next April. I'm not saying that he will, and I'll be very happy if he doesn't play any of those games going forward. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if he goes after the extra year of control for any top prospect. That's all.

Just now, deward said:

What does that have to do with it? He could easily use his age as a justification for giving him more time in AAA next April. I'm not saying that he will, and I'll be very happy if he doesn't play any of those games going forward. I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if he goes after the extra year of control for any top prospect. That's all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elias took advantage of a few weeks if that gained an extra year of control, but Elias has not slow walked Henderson at all. He’s going to be in the show as a 21 year old barring an injury or horrible slump. 

47 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Makes sense out of the bullpen or as a piggyback with Voth.   Can pull him quickly if he's "out of control".

I kind of want him to throw the first pitch at DJ Kitty just to unsettle everyone. “I wouldn’t dig in there if I was you…”

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elias took advantage of a few weeks if that gained an extra year of control, but Elias has not slow walked Henderson at all. He’s going to be in the show as a 21 year old barring an injury or horrible slump. 

He'll be 21 next May, so we can both be right. 😁

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

105.7  confirmed called up and added to the 40 man. Start at Norfolk was supposed to be tonight in Norfolk.

He was scheduled to start tomorrow in Rochester, I was supposed to go to the game...Was literally talking about it as this news broke. Really happy he is in the majors but sooo sad I don't get to see him pitch tomorrow. Also, not sure why someone said Elias was in Norfolk because the team has been up here in Rochester all week...