Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

A little more from Roch in the lineup article just now.

Spenser Watkins is available in the bullpen and is expected to start Thursday’s makeup game against the Cubs at Camden Yards.

The Orioles want to transition Hall into a relief role after today’s outing, which could begin with Norfolk. Hall is expected to be in the Orioles’ bullpen in September after rosters expand. To be decided is how they get him to that point.

It’s going to be a process however it’s done, with shortened stints and less rest between appearances.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

A little more from Roch in the lineup article just now.

Spenser Watkins is available in the bullpen and is expected to start Thursday’s makeup game against the Cubs at Camden Yards.

The Orioles want to transition Hall into a relief role after today’s outing, which could begin with Norfolk. Hall is expected to be in the Orioles’ bullpen in September after rosters expand. To be decided is how they get him to that point.

It’s going to be a process however it’s done, with shortened stints and less rest between appearances.

So they're gonna send him back down to Norfolk after today? That makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

So they're gonna send him back down to Norfolk after today? That makes no sense.

You ain't playing hard if you ain't streaming pitchers daily to maximize the roster.

From a ruthlessly competing these 48 hours as the Orioles-Rays season series is settled angle, I actually kind of love the concept of cycling him out after 50-75 hot pitches.    

Paging @SteveA for who else on the 40-man roster could be useful tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

You ain't playing hard if you ain't streaming pitchers daily to maximize the roster.

From a ruthlessly competing these 48 hours as the Orioles-Rays season series is settled angle, I actually kind of love the concept of cycling him out after 50-75 hot pitches.    

Paging @SteveA for who else on the 40-man roster could be useful tomorrow.

Yes very “Rays - ian” fer sure!

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Get in your golf cart and drive down to St.Pete, dammit!   I’m sure the Trop isn’t sold out for this historic event.  

Haha yeah just a short 2 hour hop, skip and jump.  We’re getting ready for a trip to Greece and sadly won’t be at the Trop.  I’m fired up are you?  As if I had to ask …… 😛

A few Savant fastball benchmarks, assuming we are about to see 40-ish fastballs with that one time only layer of adrenaline atop talent.

2022 Hader, 449 sinkers, 97.2 average MPH, spin 2001

2022 McClanahan, 657 4-seams, 96.7 average MPH, spin 2223

2022 Akin, 477 4-seams, 93.3 average MPH, spin 2249

2022 Bautista, 473 4-seams, 98.9 average MPH, spin 2333

2022 DL Hall, xx 4-seams, xx.x average MPH, spin 2xxx

All MLB 4-Seam velocity leaders as of today - Duran 100.6, Munoz 100.1, Clase 99.9, Helsley 99.3, Graterol 99.3, Diaz 99.0, Bautista 98.9

Some Lefty 4-seams - G. Soto 98.6, Aroldis 97.6, Alvarado 97.4, Tanner Scott 96.9

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Adley should be catching him. I know it’s day after night, but it’s 4:00. Let Chirinos catch tomorrow. 

Agreed. Penny wise pound foolish by Hyde. This is DL's first and only start of the season; put him in  the best position to succeed. Adley can more than handle it.

This is how he is in the minors. Poor command.  Everything hard is elevated.  He isn’t getting any swings and misses though.  Moreover, the velocity isn’t what we have seen in minors. Hopefully he settles down but this is what I have been saying would be his issue.  

23 minutes ago, baltfan said:

This is how he is in the minors. Poor command.  Everything hard is elevated.  He isn’t getting any swings and misses though.  Moreover, the velocity isn’t what we have seen in minors. Hopefully he settles down but this is what I have been saying would be his issue.  

Just proved me wrong in 2nd.  Hope he continue to