Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

18 minutes ago, MijiT88 said:

He was scheduled to start tomorrow in Rochester, I was supposed to go to the game...Was literally talking about it as this news broke. Really happy he is in the majors but sooo sad I don't get to see him pitch tomorrow. Also, not sure why someone said Elias was in Norfolk because the team has been up here in Rochester all week...

They had a picture of him in the stands behind the plate. Not sure and when but it looked like him to me

If Elias' 100 innings float is to be taken at face value, Hall has 22 innings left.    Also known as 4 good starts, though I'd guess 5 uneven ones is more likely.

Here's hoping the team throws him into a workload grey area where risking innings 100-115 this year needs a think.  And then 115-125, and then 125-130...

Tomorrow would spot him against McClanahan, an interesting bit of stagecraft and opportunity to announce his presence with authority if he can.    Yandy leading off feels almost certain to walk twice.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deward said:

I think his process up to this point has been to find every little financial edge he can. Perhaps he changes gears now that the team is (hopefully) entering a competitive window, but we'll have to see him prove it. Calling up Hall is definitely a step in the right direction.

Where has he done that in terms of prospect promotions?

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

For all of those folks that have been saying that Elias will promote guys when they've "earned it" and "dominated" at the prior level.

Why promote Hall now when they didn't promote him a few weeks ago when his results were much stronger?

Because the bullpen is wearing thin and there isn’t another logical guy to promote that might be good in high leverage situations or allow a starter to move to bullpen in high leverage situations.  Who is the alternative?

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Because the bullpen is wearing thin and there isn’t another logical guy to promote that might be good in high leverage situations or allow a starter to move to bullpen in high leverage situations.  Who is the alternative?

If the bullpen was an issue why trade away the closer?

I'm fine with your reason, but it doesn't mesh with the narrative that some posters have been pushing.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the bullpen was an issue why trade away the closer?

I'm fine with your reason, but it doesn't mesh with the narrative that some posters have been pushing.

Because you figure you can call up Hall if you need help and know Wells will be back. 

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Some might argue Stowers.

They clearly value Odor’s defense.  The stats we have say it isn’t good, but surely the Orioles have their own stats and Vavra would be playing second more if Odor wasn’t good in the field.  So, effectively the called up Vavra over Stowers. Moreover, such eJul1St the team has one of the best records in baseball.  Hard to argue Stowers should be up. 

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

They clearly value Odor’s defense.  The stats we have say it isn’t good, but surely the Orioles have their own stats and Vavra would be playing second more if Odor wasn’t good in the field.  So, effectively the called up Vavra over Stowers. Moreover, such eJul1St the team has one of the best records in baseball.  Hard to argue Stowers should be up. 

I agree but I think Elias cares.