Pathetic.

Moose Milligan

I have been meaning to do the numbers but since Hyde and Elias got here, I would love to see the record of the Orioles for day games on the last game of a series.

It seems like these “getaway” days are always brutal and that’s been the case the whole time they have been here.

Pitching to Arozarena was egregious enough that a beat writer might actually ask Hyde about it. But as for the approach at the plate, I mean you can't work the count when he's literally not throwing any balls.  They just got worked these last few games by a team showing they weren't to be forgotten. Good statement by TB. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have been meaning to do the numbers but since Hyde and Elias got here, I would love to see the record of the Orioles for day games on the last game of a series.

It seems like these “getaway” days are always brutal and that’s been the case the whole time they have been here.

What have they been doing the other six days a week since they got here until about 3 months ago?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well yeah, because it’s the day they don’t put their A lineup out there. 

I mean, it’s about as much of a must win game as there can be in August due to the tiebreaker implications. No Vavra? Phillips and Nevin? C’mon. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I recall one season we lost about 10 sundays in a row.  That was brutal, but then again we were shite then.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Huh?

They were winning 52 games a year.  They weren't any better the other six days a week.

People had these same complaints about Buck and his "B" day lineups.  The fact is, they rest players.  And Sunday, due to the day games and travel, is a very popular day to do that.  It's quite common all around the league.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pickles said:

They were winning 52 games a year.  They weren't any better the other six days a week.

People had these same complaints about Buck and his "B" day lineups.  The fact is, they rest players.  And Sunday, due to the day games and travel, is a very popular day to do that.  It's quite common all around the league.

Well, I don’t know how common it is to be completely non competitive in these games.  It is one thing to lose..it’s another to not even be competitive. 

It also could be an indication of how Hyde motivates them and gets them ready for these games.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, I don’t know how common it is to be completely non competitive in these games.  It is one thing to lose..it’s another to not even be competitive. 

It also could be an indication of how Hyde motivates them and gets them ready for these games.

Well, we weren't non-competitive.  We lost 4-1 and they had to bring in their closer.

The only bat that was really out of the lineup was Mountcastle, and he's been horrendous lately.

We lost.  A guy pitched very, very well against us today.  These things happen.  That doesn't mean there's some underlying issue.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is one of your better posts. 

Well it's true, the game sucked. Got to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I'm going to my basement to do a workout now. Then time for a cold one. Got a couple of Sam Adams in the fridge.

• Upvote 1