Mateo may be the best story of the Orioles season...

Roy Firestone

13 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Odor is so fricken terrible , please DFA him.  It’s getting ridiculous.

I was furious tonight. Odor was atrocious in the field - the first ball he let go under his glove in the 3rd inning should have been an error. It's unacceptable that Odor continues to get regular starts and it's well past time to bench and DFA him.

Nice to see you enthusiastic about the team, Roy.    It’s been an unexpectedly fun season.  Honestly, I couldn’t pick out a single story as the best.  There’s been a bunch.  But there’s no question that Mateo has dramatically exceeded expectations despite his overall uninspiring offensive numbers.  

I think the BIG story this year is the huge improvement in team ERA despite not having a starter that makes anyone go WOW.  If we keep the ERA where it is we can stay in the hunt.

Bautista is another huge story.  He's a shut down closer who came from outer space.  When his work is through he'll return to his home planet.  

My first post here was Jorge Mateo Superstar.  Look at his hitting since mid-June.  

• Upvote 4

This makes this year even better. Roy is back!!!!! Now I know I'm not dreaming. 

Agree re Mateo. In my opinion, if he hits even 240, with all his other tangibles, he's an all star.

I mean look at the standings. It's August 20 and the Orioles are in the hunt - not 30 to 40 games out.  Pitching/defense/grit and an offense that can frustrate at times but not last night.

This team may not get to the playoffs this year but boy has this been a fun ride with a lot of "experts" eating crow. Love it!!!!!!! And the future looks bright. "Ain't the beer cold?"

• Upvote 2

Great to see you back Roy!!!   I had a patient take a picture of my Orioles wall at work this week.  People are proud to be Orioles fans again, even in Phillies country.  Most of the autographed pictures were from your collection from the auctions for your charities.  Still haven’t framed and hung up the jerseys yet.  

As excited I am about Mateo, I am just floored how a no-name throw away pitchers on the staff are doing so well.  Gives me a lot of hope about when above average or “elite” talent is brung up or signed.   Looking forward to the next 5 years.  

• Upvote 1