Friday September 2: Orioles begin 10 game homestand vs Oakland

SteveA

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Gunnar  is probably the O's best 1B, 2B, 3B and SS.  Any chance we can clone him?

Not convinced yet he's better than Mateo at short. Unless you're talking about combined hitting, running, and fielding.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

You don't see a checkmate move that often in terms of management. 

I guess Kotsay could have gone to one of his several lefties and turned AR around to bat from his weaker side, but he actually has a higher walk percentage batting right-handed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Mateo shouldn't have to sit for Gunnar besides the occasional rest day. Mateo has an .805 OPS in the second half and is very good defensively. 

I agree, but he was in there yesterday probably bc Mateo has not been hitting well last 9 or so days.

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I guess Kotsay could have gone to one of his several lefties and turned AR around to bat from his weaker side, but he actually has a higher walk percentage batting right-handed.

He would have had to have the lefty warming at the time.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Not convinced yet he's better than Mateo at short. Unless you're talking about combined hitting, running, and fielding.

I meant all around player.  You would have to say Mateo probably has a slight edge on defense.  I believe Gunnar's arm would play best at 3B and of course the O's have to preserve at bats for that all time great Odor.