Schmuck: O's interested in Sexson

section36

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible. Awful. Sexson would have been a good guy to take a flyer on in any of the last 3 or 4 years, but not now. Why does this organization insist on going out of its way to block Reimold? What is the harm in giving him the starting job in LF? If Sexson is acquired to play first, Huff or Scott had better be dealt. This is getting ridiculous.

Honestly, what is the point of this? Even if Sexson does have a comeback year and gives us very good production, he will not be worth the cost to retain him, we will have glanced over Reimold another time and we're exactly where we left off come 2010. If it's not Tex or Dunn and it's not a 0-3 guy, let it go.

Terrible. Awful. Sexson would have been a good guy to take a flyer on in any of the last 3 or 4 years, but not now. Why does this organization insist on going out of its way to block Reimold? What is the harm in giving him the starting job in LF? If Sexson is acquired to play first, Huff or Scott had better be dealt. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm not advocating this for Reimold... but maybe the Orioles want him to play at each level????

Let me preface my take by saying this: I am all for Huff at 1B, Scott/Reimold/Montanez at DH and LF.

Richie Sexson is not a bad signing.

Will he suck: probably

Could he be lightening in a bottle: maybe

The guy has hit 40 HR before, was consistently in the 30's. This is just like the Pena situation. It's a risk, but what the hell do we have to lose?

Archived