Wells goes back on IL

Sports Guy

That's a shame.  He bounced back from the shoulder issues last year, but it makes you question his role/health going into next season.  Which is a real shame, because I was probably his biggest advocate for getting to start this year, and he certainly showed himself well in the opportunity.  

4 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

This is a shame. I think he was in line to start Wednesday in Boston when I’ll be at Fenway. I guess this means I’ll have to see Watkins?  Ugh. 

To be clear it’s a shame for Wells too LOL. 

isnt shoulder inflammation what Bradish went down with earlier in the year?  Seems he has recovered fine. Hopefully the same for Tyler, since he’ll have the whole offseason. 

Kremer is pitching tonight, and 5 days from tonight is Wednesday night, so you might see Dean at Fenway.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So, this is the second time with a shoulder issue in a year or so and 3 IL stints overall.

That doesn’t include the issues before he got here.

Yeah, it's starting to look like he's a guy that can't take a workload despite his size that would suggest otherwise. While he has look good in stints as a starter, his stuff plays up in relief, and that ultimately may be his destination assuming the shoulder issues aren't serious.

We also have to remember that John Means, even prior to the TJ has never made it through a full major league season without going on the IL for shoulder stuff. 

All of this is why this team needs to get a TOR to be paired with Grayson Rodrigues at the top of the rotation. Then you can fill the rest out with Bradish and Kremer and perhaps another solid starter from FA or a trade.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, it's starting to look like he's a guy that can't take a workload despite his size that would suggest otherwise. While he has look good in stints as a starter, his stuff plays up in relief, and that ultimately may be his destination assuming the shoulder issues aren't serious.

We also have to remember that John Means, even prior to the TJ has never made it through a full major league season without going on the IL for shoulder stuff. 

All of this is why this team needs to get a TOR to be paired with Grayson Rodrigues at the top of the rotation. Then you can fill the rest out with Bradish and Kremer and perhaps another solid starter from FA or a trade.

Who do you like as a potential TOR target for Elias?