Friday evening: Orioles try to stave off mathematical elimination and Aaron Judge in the Bronx

SteveA

Just now, Jagwar said:

Not only that... but his fastball was 96-98 and his changeup was at 84-85. Great differential there. 

That's what he was doing when he was feeling good earlier in the season. The change doesn't have as much arm side run as it used to have, but he's getting really good differential with his fastball and he's placing it well.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Glad to hear your vacation wasn't totally ruined. I was wondering how you were holding up. 

Thanks. The parks were all closed for two days so we lost out on one of the days of our hopper plus we had a two day at Universal and only went once. Kinda sucks but I don't want to feel too bad for us when there are people who lost everything, especially down by Ft Myers. Just awful.

But, it was fun to find the Orioles game on MLB network and watch the last two innings. I was having Orioles game withdrawal even though they haven't been playing well.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I missed it.  Why didn’t Bautista pitch the 9th?

Stumbled off the mound on a pitch in the 8th and apparently tweaked his left calf.  He finished out the inning, but I guess they didn’t want to chance anything by sending him back out for the 9th.

1 minute ago, jdwilde1 said:

Stumbled off the mound on a pitch in the 8th and apparently tweaked his left calf.  He finished out the inning, but I guess they didn’t want to chance anything by sending him back out for the 9th.

Was it a calf? Did they say that after the game? Looked like an ankle.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, so the plan was a 2 inning save?

Yep Hall and Sulser we're the only guys available (guess Hyde didn't want Baker or Tate to do the 5 games in 7 days thing).

Post game Twitter indicates left knee discomfort for Felix.

• Upvote 1