Coaching staff likely returning?

Sports Guy

They already have a pitching strategy manager.  He talks to the players and coaches about the players on the teams that the O's are facing and works out a strategy of how to pitch them.  Its been very successful.  His name is Ryan Klimek and I don't understand how he is not considered a coach but so far he is not.

This sounds like the same thing for the hitters.

Edited by wildcard

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Offensive strategy coach doesn't sound like a dugout position.

It also sounds like something the Astros would have had in the trashcan era.

Anyway, I'd rather have continuity in coaching than switching guys out all the time so good news.

Maybe offensive strategy is actually coming up with a plan to offend the other team. Like bat flipping and fist pumping and crossing a pitcher's mound after an out. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

They already have a pitching strategy manager.  He talks to the players and coaches about the players on the teams that the O's are facing and works out a strategy of how to pitch them.  Its been very successful.  His name is Ryan Klimek and I don't understand how he is not considered a coach but so far he is not.

This sounds like the same thing for the hitters.

I looked up his name because it sounded familiar, but I was confusing him with former draft pick (2015 draft) Steven Klimek. That being said in looking at Ryan's LinkedIn profile, it looks like both he and Steven are from upstate/western NY so maybe there is some nominal relation; but maybe it's a popular surname and no relation.

26 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

At some point the Orioles major league coaching staff will be more than the players at this rate. Next up, Catcher's philosophical affirmation coach.  

The Orioles are a $250M organization that pays everyone on the roster $700k a year, minimum.  I'd imagine many of these coaches are making $100k, $150k, $200k a year (guessing, no source for that), that's a very good salary for almost anyone.  From that perspective you could hire eight or 10 coaches for the cost of a single decent free agent reliever, or four or five coaches for the cost of the 26th guy on the roster.  If you think you're getting even a single win from every two or three coaches, why not?

Other sports already do this.  I'm sure the Ravens have a coach specifically for inside linebackers, and several offensive line coaches, and by now probably a nutritional coach just for the kicker and punter.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The Orioles are a $250M organization that pays everyone on the roster $700k a year, minimum.  I'd imagine many of these coaches are making $100k, $150k, $200k a year (guessing, no source for that), that's a very good salary for almost anyone.  From that perspective you could hire eight or 10 coaches for the cost of a single decent free agent reliever, or four or five coaches for the cost of the 26th guy on the roster.  If you think you're getting even a single win from every two or three coaches, why not?

Other sports already do this.  I'm sure the Ravens have a coach specifically for inside linebackers, and several offensive line coaches, and by now probably a nutritional coach just for the kicker and punter.

I was just making a joke. I could really care less how many coaches they have. Just win.