As if Teixeira didn't want to make you puke already

Tony-OH

Exactly, he spun it for the Yankees crowd, probably just like Boras coached him to. He was a Mattingly fan and and Orioles fan.

I doubt there was all this hatred toward the Yankees before 1996...

Then he's a complete fraud. Don't mention it if it isn't true.

My question to you from earlier this week still stands :rolleyestf:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to get thrown off the board, so I will keep my honest thoughts to myself. Anyway, I wish the worse to him and his wife. She is just as much the idiot as he is. It makes me sick hearing his stupid Yankee remarks. I wish we still had D.Cabrera and he bounce a 98 mph off his head. I am half tempted to go down there opening day and bounce batteries off of him.

sorry now my rant is over.

Exactly, he spun it for the Yankees crowd, probably just like Boras coached him to. He was a Mattingly fan and and Orioles fan.

And the hints he gave about wanting to come to Baltimore were spin for the Orioles crowd.

You selectively chose to accept what you wanted to hear from him as the "truth."

My question is: How is Mark going to feel about this when he goes into a slump a few years from now and the fans are boing him because of his salary?

You know that time is coming. At some point he is not going to live up to his salary and he is going to be treated as nothing but a uniform in New York.

An early season slump for him would be hilarious. The NY faithful would jump on him so quick. And I would enjoy every minute of it.

I don't want to get thrown off the board, so I will keep my honest thoughts to myself. Anyway, I wish the worse to him and his wife. She is just as much the idiot as he is. It makes me sick hearing his stupid Yankee remarks. I wish we still had D.Cabrera and he bounce a 98 mph off his head. I am half tempted to go down there opening day and bounce batteries off of him.

sorry now my rant is over.

Wow - based on what you vented, I can't imagine what you're holding back

In the end, I still think Teixeira made a huge mistake. Unless something we don't know about is very, very rotten in Anaheim, you wouldn't have been able to pry me out of my Angels' uniform. The AL West is just such a weak division, I could see the Angels running up a Braves-like string of pennants in a very low-pressure media environment.

If I was Teixeira, there would only have been the thread about how disappointed everyone here was that I re-upped with the Angels w/o even testing the FA market.

I doubt there was all this hatred toward the Yankees before 1996...

Are you kidding. I remember fans hating on the Yankees since I was a youth. Yankees equal Evil in Baltimore. Remember Reggie Jackson? Yeah we just sat by and politely watched that dork play. Heck no! The stadium rocked with Boo's. I mean loud.

You think Tex will have it any easier in Baltimore now? The guy just became the Anti-Christ.

Are you kidding. I remember fans hating on the Yankees since I was a youth. Yankees equal Evil in Baltimore. Remember Reggie Jackson? Yeah we just sat by and politely watched that dork play. Heck no! The stadium rocked with Boo's. I mean loud.

You think Tex will have it any easier in Baltimore now? The guy just became the Anti-Christ.

Problem is, Camden Yards will be packed with a lot more Skanks fans than O's fans.

In 1958, they played the All-Star Game in Baltimore.

I wasn't alive, but I reading an account when I was researching an article about Gus Triandos, who was the A.L.'s starting catcher that year.

The Orioles fans booed New York's Yogi Berra so long & loud when he took over behind the plate, that Triandos actually tried to cheer Berra up. A Chicago America writer opined “If there’s a prize for the most vociferous fans as a group, it will have to go to Baltimore.”

For all the talk about how the Orioles don't have a chance or whatever now, the Yankees went to the World Series nine of the first 11 years the Orioles were in the American League! Yankee hating is almost as old as dirt in Baltimore.

Here's something new and it's more evidence that the Yankees are always one step of the Orioles in recruiting:

So he did a bit of research, discovered Teixeira had a fondness for Twisted Sister, the iron men of '80s rock. Sometimes it really is this simple, this high-stakes recruiting game. Sure, it helped that the Yankees eventually offered $180 million over eight years, but what really wowed Teixeira was the super cool video Cashman revealed when he came to visit in the middle of December.

Shot in the new stadium, with digitalized images of what Teixeira might look like as he ran out of the dugout and onto the grass, the crowd at a froth, the New York skyline in the distance, the sound track blared "I Wanna Rock." Cashman pressed play.

"Hey, that's my song!" Cashman recalled Teixeira saying as he and I walked through the old stadium hallways. "I was like, yeah, we know that."

And at that point, with Twisted Sister on blast, Leigh, Teixeira's college sweetheart who is now his wife, said, "I want you to be a Yankee."

Archived