73 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2022 #9 and #10 Prospects

• # 9 Basallo and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Cowser and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Kjerstad and #10 Povich
    • #9 Norby and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Kjerstad and #10 Ortiz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/22 at 03:25

Basallo was 13 last year and performed well.  I’m actually mildly surprised Kjerstad is this high.

Cowser is going to be lower on Tony’s list than people think based on his earlier comment but I don’t think it’s this low.

Norby could be the answer too and maybe Norby is higher but I’ll going to guess that Tony has Norby just outside his top 10 and would take Basallo over him (ie, he wouldn’t trade Basallo for Norby).

12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's. 

1. Henderson

2 Rodriguez

3. Holliday

4.  Hall

5. Cowser

6. Mayo

7. Westburg 

8. Ortiz

9. Norby

10. Kjerstad 

So, that's how I'm voting!!!!

I would be surprised if Holliday and Hall are that high. I like Holliday, and if he is that high at his age and these more advanced prospects then I would expect him knocking on the door come next September.  I would probably swap Holliday and Westburg on your list but I tend to not pay too much attention to the MiLB and just MLB and draft prospects. Anything between draft/International free agent and MLB, I really don’t spend much video time on. 

12 minutes ago, sevastras said:

I would be surprised if Holliday and Hall are that high. I like Holliday, and if he is that high at his age and these more advanced prospects then I would expect him knocking on the door come next September.  I would probably swap Holliday and Westburg on your list but I tend to not pay too much attention to the MiLB and just MLB and draft prospects. Anything between draft/International free agent and MLB, I really don’t spend much video time on. 

It's not about ETA.  Holliday is 19 next year. Westburg is 24 next year.  Holliday will be on the same track Westburg was at 22.

40 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's. 

1. Henderson

2 Rodriguez

3. Holliday

4.  Hall

5. Cowser

6. Mayo

7. Westburg 

8. Ortiz

9. Norby

10. Kjerstad 

So, that's how I'm voting!!!!

I say it's:

1. Henderson

2. Rodriguez

3. Holliday

4. Ortiz

5. Hall

6. Cowser

7. Mayo

8. Westburg

9. Norby

10. Kjerstad

8 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I say it's:

1. Henderson

2. Rodriguez

3. Holliday

4. Ortiz

5. Hall

6. Cowser

7. Mayo

8. Westburg

9. Norby

10. Kjerstad

I love Ortiz but Tony isn't quite that high on him, yet.  I will be shocked if Tony has him that high.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I love Ortiz but Tony isn't quite that high on him, yet.  I will be shocked if Tony has him that high.

I think Tony's pretty high on him.  High enough to put him there.  If you believe he's a sure-fire everyday regular at SS/2b then that's where he belongs on that list.

28 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I think Tony's pretty high on him.  High enough to put him there.  If you believe he's a sure-fire everyday regular at SS/2b then that's where he belongs on that list.

According to you.  Wait and see.  When the power rankings ended Ortiz was still behind those guys.

If Tony didn't see fit to rank Ortiz ahead of Norby, Westburg, Cowser, and Mayo in the power rankings after 3 straight months a near 1.000 OPS, I have trouble seeing what happened between then and now to have him ranked ahead of those guys. 

While the power rankings weren't a pure ranking system, the only way you could justify having Mayo, for one, ahead of Ortiz was if you just plain held Mayo in a much higher regard.  I'm guessing he may have bumped Ortiz over Norby based on defensive future. 

Edited by RZNJ