73 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2022 #9 and #10 Prospects

• # 9 Basallo and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Cowser and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Kjerstad and #10 Povich
    • #9 Norby and #10 Kjerstad
    • #9 Kjerstad and #10 Ortiz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/22 at 03:25

I know most of you know this but remember,  the rankings are based on statistics, conversations with scouts and other observers, and my own video scouting and analysis.

The final rankings are determined by asking, if I could only have one player in my system, regardless of the status of my big league team or the rest of the organization's prospects, who would I take.

I take everything into consideration including performance, age vs level, injury history, distance from big leagues, and make up of player.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I know most of you know this but remember,  the rankings are based on statistics, conversations with scouts and other observers, and my own video scouting and analysis.

The final rankings are determined by asking, if I could only have one player in my system, regardless of the status of my big league team or thr rest of the organization's prospects, who would I take.

I take everything into consideration including performace, age vs level, injury history, distance from big leagues, and make up of player.

Were you able to get much from scouts and other observers this year?   I know you’ve said Elias runs a pretty tight-lipped ship.  Anyone outside the org?

11 hours ago, RZNJ said:

According to you.  Wait and see.  When the power rankings ended Ortiz was still behind those guys.

If Tony didn't see fit to rank Ortiz ahead of Norby, Westburg, Cowser, and Mayo in the power rankings after 3 straight months a near 1.000 OPS, I have trouble seeing what happened between then and now to have him ranked ahead of those guys. 

While the power rankings weren't a pure ranking system, the only way you could justify having Mayo, for one, ahead of Ortiz was if you just plain held Mayo in a much higher regard.  I'm guessing he may have bumped Ortiz over Norby based on defensive future. 

Tony has been known to shake things up between the final power rankings and the new rankings. It doesn't make much logical sense but it's not an exact science.

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Tony has been known to shake things up between the final power rankings and the new rankings. It doesn't make much logical sense but it's not an exact science.

Last year, Mayo was 5th in the final power ranking but 3rd on the top 30 list. Norby was 7th in the power ranking but 10th on the top 30 list.   So yeah, it can move around.  

Gunnar was only ranked 6th on both lists.  

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Why would it not make logical sense? I've always said the power rankings are not an official prospect list. I haven't talked to people or done my full analysis so guys can move around a bit. Now, I doubt a guy is going to move ten spots, but yeah, guys can move around a bit as I put everything together.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Gunnar is 1…I think the question is GRod or Holliday at 2.

I can definitely see Tony have the mindset of, I would rather have Holliday over GRod.

I can see why someone might think that way.   I just have a very high opinion of Rodriguez.  

57 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I can see why someone might think that way.   I just have a very high opinion of Rodriguez.  

Same.  But here’s the thing.  It’s not as much a slight on GRod though.  Some will take it that way but that’s not true.

The Os (if you count Gunnar, which you do but you can make the argument that you shouldn’t) could realistically have 3 top 10 guys.  

This one is interesting. I don’t see Kjerstad as a Top 10 prospect at all. Cowser should be much higher, Basallo also not Top 10. If Kjerstad is Top 10, Norby isn’t. And I’d definitely put Ortiz ahead of a Kjerstad. 

I picked Kjerstad, Ortiz because if I have to pick Kjerstad I want him paired with someone I know is a Top 10 guy, in Ortiz. My suspicion is that Westburg is gonna fall out of Tony’s Top 10, which I think is a big mistake. He’s probably the best hitter in our MiL system right now. 

EDIT: Guess I should read the comments first. Knowing Stowers isn’t included, I would say Norby, Kjerstad. 

Edited by waroriole