“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

24 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Don't know who this is... 

Jack Rose is someone who makes up tweets trying to get people to repost them on message boards in order to gain followers.

According to him, we're in on Jameson Taillon, Carlos Correa, Carlos Rodon, Xander Bogaerts, Brian Reynolds. All of them. Also tweeted "Words from Executives around the industry “Huge Overpay” in regards to signing Kyle Gibson. Yes, I'm sure that is what baseball executives are focusing in on right now. A $10 million contract.

Edited by dzorange

This Trea Turner report is another bit of evidence I think the Snell window is over.     Manaea and Clevinger did their Kyle Gibson-Jordan Lyles type jobs, but are now off roster.

Preller is committed to his Machado-Soto teams, and it'll just start irritating Hall of Fame players if they start doing the Milwaukee stuff (oh, Hunter Renfroe and Kolten Wong - you're good but not good enough to pay next year) to hollow out the roster.    Its math other players likely can produce better $$$/WAR, but I do feel choices like that start eating into any goodwill that exists between you and your linchpins.

If anything this report makes me want to start composing Tatis trade offers.

Every off-season during which the O's are thought to be a player in the hot stove, there's this guy:

1. Man, wouldn't this guy be a good fit

2. Orioles have checked in on this guy, sure ok, due diligence

3. There's no way it happens, so many other teams are involved, we'd never pony up the cash

4. Wait.. but rumors start to swirl about the Orioles being an actual finalist as the deal nears!

5. People get their hopes up.....

6. Orioles do not sign this player

Rodon is that guy this year. Last year it was Correa. 

Edited by interloper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why is it stupid?  He wants other teams thinking the Orioles are in on his players.  

Because it's nonsensical.  First, Orioles aren't a bird of prey.  Secondly, what in the hell does "feather up" mean?

It just sounds like something an 11 year old would say thinking they're being clever.

Edited by Pickles

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Because it's non-nonsensical.  First, Orioles aren't a bird of prey.  Secondly, what in the hell does "feather up" mean?

It just sounds like something an 11 year old would say thinking they're being clever.

Also grammatically incorrect, or at least sloppy. "The Orioles are birds of prey" would be cleaner.

To be fair, I think he is playing up the fact that orioles are not actually predators to make it more noteworthy that the Orioles are apparently blowing up his phone. "Feathered up" is weird no matter how you slice it. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Also grammatically incorrect, or at least sloppy. "The Orioles are birds of prey" would be cleaner.

To be fair, I think he is playing up the fact that orioles are not actually predators to make it more noteworthy that the Orioles are apparently blowing up his phone. "Feathered up" is weird no matter how you slice it. 

Honestly, I can see some eleven year old playing video games and saying something like that: "I'm going to feather up all over you."  LOL.

It's just stupid.  And it's really stupid because they guy who said it is worth almost half a billion dollars.