“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I feel like it's inevitable we are going to sign Bellinger. OF/1B/LHH on a cheapish 1-yr deal. Sounds like us. The only thing making me hesitate is Elias saying he wouldn't block the young hitters. Bellinger would command playing time. 

Edited by interloper

18 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Scott Boras has officially become a cartoon character...of a cartoon character.  

There's no doubt he comes up with some really cheezy stuff.  They've got a loop of some of the phrases he put together for the GM Meetings earlier in the offseason, played on Power Alley on SiriusXM (Jim Duquette loves these). 

But hey, even if the actual Oriole bird isn't a bird of prey, I did kinda run a message board in the early aughts called Birds of Prey, where about 10 of us from various places around the world would talk Os (and sometimes Ravens).  Michael (weams) would just shake his head, tho he did join up to meet a bunch of us one year.  We had someone from Germany, another from Venezuela, a closer one from San Francisco, another from Florida, one from Salisbury, one from Boston, and then a few of us from around Baltimore.  A small group that still chats sometimes on facebook or twitter.  The photo has a cup I made using our message board logo. 

Fun memories to have brought up (to counter the jtrea ones lol) 

Edit: I know I stretch the moderation rules here sometimes with my digressions.  Sorry ;)

IMG_4498.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

I feel like it's inevitable we are going to sign Bellinger. OF/1B/LHH on a cheapish 1-yr deal. Sounds like us. The only thing making me hesitate is Elias saying he wouldn't block the young hitters. Bellinger would command playing time. 

When did he say he wouldn’t block the young hitters? I wish he felt that way last season.

13 minutes ago, justD said:

There's no doubt he comes up with some really cheezy stuff.  They've got a loop of some of the phrases he put together for the GM Meetings earlier in the offseason, played on Power Alley on SiriusXM (Jim Duquette loves these). 

But hey, even if the actual Oriole bird isn't a bird of prey, I did kinda run a message board in the early aughts called Birds of Prey, where about 10 of us from various places around the world would talk Os (and sometimes Ravens).  Michael (weams) would just shake his head, tho he did join up to meet a bunch of us one year.  We had someone from Germany, another from Venezuela, a closer one from San Francisco, another from Florida, one from Salisbury, one from Boston, and then a few of us from around Baltimore.  A small group that still chats sometimes on facebook or twitter.  The photo has a cup I made using our message board logo. 

Fun memories to have brought up (to counter the jtrea ones lol) 

Edit: I know I stretch the moderation rules here sometimes with my digressions.  Sorry ;)

IMG_4498.jpeg

I was on Birds of Prey for a bit after SunSpot became unbearable. Then someone there told me about OH. BoP went away shortly after. memories

• Like 1

looking like this offseason is business as usual or Elias has an offer on someones table he hoping/expecting them to take and we get caught waiting on it and end up with nothing but AAAA and bottom rotation guys. Then add someone no one else wanted in the early days of ST. 

7 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Should take them out on Rodon.  Figure Yankees or Angels or a dark horse team like the Orioles. 

Yankees for Rodon.   Mets probably in on Taillon or Bassitt.    I think the Orioles wind up with Taillon but who knows.

9 minutes ago, Winter said:

looking like this offseason is business as usual or Elias has an offer on someones table he hoping/expecting them to take and we get caught waiting on it and end up with nothing but AAAA and bottom rotation guys. Then add someone no one else wanted in the early days of ST. 

Don't forget the ex-star trying to make one last comeback.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Realistic options for the pitcher and most mentioned targets have been Bassitt and Taillon.  Maybe another name.   Can you guys at least wait to panic when those guys get signed by other teams?

I'm honestly expecting us to sign Taillon tomorrow to a four year deal in the $60M range (ugh) and be done until another Mazara=type signing in January/February.  But I don't know.