Who is left?

wildcard

We need a lhp in rotation making Manaea the logical choice. Rodon is just to rich for our blood.

Elias has stated we’re in the market for a left handed bat. Benintendi is going to demand at least 4 years probably more ruling us out imo. Profar is a switch hitter but not sure he’s much better than what have unless we trade Santander, Mullins or Hays. Brantley seems like a logical choice rehabbing from shoulder surgery and can probably be had on a 1 year deal and penciled in the middle of the lineup at DH and Lf. 

Brandon Drury is a guy I’m interested in that has the versatility to play 2nd, 1st and 3rd with good pop. Should be able to be had on a 2 year deal. That would give us solid depth in the infield with Henderson, Mataeo, Urias Mountcastle and Westburg waiting in the wings. 

Back up catcher sign Omar Narvaez.

With the signing Already of Gibson, Rodriquez poised to make the rotation out of camp sign Manaea that gives us a solid Rotation with Rodriguez, Gibson, Manaea, Bradish, Kremer and Means should be back after the break.

That gives us 5 free agent signings in Gibson, Manaea, Brantley, Drury and Navarez  which I would believe to be pretty solid offseason. 

That gives us solid depth all around especially with guys like Cowser, Westburg, Mayo, Norby and Kjherstad knocking on the door Not forget Stowers and Vavra fighting for playing time. 

31 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

We need a lhp in rotation making Manaea the logical choice. Rodon is just to rich for our blood.

Elias has stated we’re in the market for a left handed bat. Benintendi is going to demand at least 4 years probably more ruling us out imo. Profar is a switch hitter but not sure he’s much better than what have unless we trade Santander, Mullins or Hays. Brantley seems like a logical choice rehabbing from shoulder surgery and can probably be had on a 1 year deal and penciled in the middle of the lineup at DH and Lf. 

Brandon Drury is a guy I’m interested in that has the versatility to play 2nd, 1st and 3rd with good pop. Should be able to be had on a 2 year deal. That would give us solid depth in the infield with Henderson, Mataeo, Urias Mountcastle and Westburg waiting in the wings. 

With the signing Already of Gibson, Rodriquez poised to make the rotation out of camp sign Manaea that gives us a solid Rotation with Rodriguez, Gibson, Manaea, Bradish, Kremer and Means should be back after the break.

That gives us 5 free agent signings in Gibson, Manaea, Brantley, Drury and Navarez  which I would believe to be pretty solid offseason. 

That gives us solid depth all around especially with guys like Cowser, Westburg, Mayo, Norby and Kjherstad knocking on the door Not forget Stowers and Vavra fighting for playing time. 

One of the first well thought out logical posts in this thread. Agree with everything and only hope they solve their lack of a true TOR pitcher via trade. I could get behind Brantley, for example, if it gave them the depth to trade Santander for someone like Trevor Rogers. 

58 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I wouldnt mind Manaea and Snyderguard. If you arent going to give us what we need at least get 2 higher upside guys

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

We don't need a LHP.   We need the best pitcher we can get whether he's RH or LH.   

You could get a lesser LHP to have greater success than a better RHP due to the ballpark they’ll play in for half their starts. Manaea would be a good example since he is pretty solid at getting LHH but struggled vs righties. 

Not saying Manaea is the best pitcher they could get but when you compare the type of contract he’ll get with what someone like Bassitt will end up getting, then I’d bet you’re getting more value. 

15 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I wouldnt mind Manaea and Snyderguard. If you arent going to give us what we need at least get 2 higher upside guys

You know two guys with upside at league min? Bradish and Kremer, oh and wells and Voth. Don’t pay for 1.5-2 wins in the market when you have internal options

34 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I’m concerned with Syndergaard drop in velocity and strikeout rate. He might need to learn to pitch with lesser stuff. Plus I think At this point in their careeers Bradish and Kremer have more upside. That being said if the O’s see something their confident that they can tweak in Syndergaard to get him back to Thor than I’m all in. 

1 hour ago, jrobb21613 said:

I don't think there's enough room the roster for all the guys you want. The one I question the most is Drury, he seems to give us a lot of the same things as Urias and we barely have room for Urias. Drury hit a few more HR last year but mostly in CIN. Westburg could be ready soon. 

I reran the exercise I first tried about a month ago with Steamer now that about half the FA class has found teams.

This is just a Steamer download - then adjust Runs Scored and Runs Allowed to per 6068 PA and 1436 IP (Fangraphs Depth Charts imprecise here).    The exercise gave an AVG team result of +40 runs in a net zero game, so I've done a -40 on all the raw numbers.     The Steamer guess at ~Offseason Halftime, knowing we have Kyle Gibson's Orioles and Aaron Judge's Yankees....map Runs - Runs Allowed to Wins however you like

East - NYY 83, TBR 72, TOR 56, BOS -14, BAL -16

Central - CLE 13, CHW -1, MIN -4, KCR -61, DET -71

West - HOU 65, SEA 62, LAA 26, TEX 8, OAK -73

As Is Orioles guessed here about 70 net runs shy of bar set by Central champ + five leaders.

Orioles innings leaders estimates by Depth Charts for this were: Gibson 172, Kremer 159, Bradish 155, Wells 136, Grayson 129, Voth 88.     

Steamer does really dislike Kremer 4.51 ERA and Wells 4.60 ERA - only 12 other AL pitchers projected for 100 IP or more and 4.50 ERA or more - Pivetta, Clevinger, Quantrill, Urquidy, Manning, Kopech, Plesac, Marco G., Wentz, Kaprielian, Heasley, Winder.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't think there's enough room the roster for all the guys you want. The one I question the most is Drury, he seems to give us a lot of the same things as Urias and we barely have room for Urias. Drury hit a few more HR last year but mostly in CIN. Westburg could be ready soon. 

Yeah after looking further into the two statistically outside of the home runs they’re very similar both strike out a lot and get on base at a pretty low rate. 

I’m not a fan of Urias as an everyday player solid glove but offensively he’s worse than meh. I know the same can be pretty much can be said about Mataeo but Mataeo speed is a big plus and he covers a lot of ground at ss which now is increasingly valuable. 

Depending on his asking price Jean Segura could be a good fit professional hitter high on base percentage and played a gold glove 2nd base after making the move from short. 

I just would like us not to have to go into this season having to depend on/wait on prospects like Westburg to come up. Plus Westburg is much less of a sure thing than Henderson or Rutschman. Let’s not worry about blocking prospects if we have the opportunity to better the opening day lineup let’s do it. 

10 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I’m not a fan of Urias as an everyday player solid glove but offensively he’s worse than meh. I know the same can be pretty much can be said about Mataeo but Mataeo speed is a big plus and he covers a lot of ground at ss which now is valuable.

Urias and Mateo aren’t in the same universe offensively.  Urias has a career 109 OPS+.   That’s certainly not worse than meh.  Mateo has an OPS+ of 80.  That’s beyond worse than meh, that’s absolutely putrid.  His defense keeps him on the field, but he’s been terrible with the bat.  

40 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Yeah after looking further into the two statistically outside of the home runs they’re very similar both strike out a lot and get on base at a pretty low rate. 

I’m not a fan of Urias as an everyday player solid glove but offensively he’s worse than meh. I know the same can be pretty much can be said about Mataeo but Mataeo speed is a big plus and he covers a lot of ground at ss which now is increasingly valuable. 

Depending on his asking price Jean Segura could be a good fit professional hitter high on base percentage and played a gold glove 2nd base after making the move from short. 

I just would like us not to have to go into this season having to depend on/wait on prospects like Westburg to come up. Plus Westburg is much less of a sure thing than Henderson or Rutschman. Let’s not worry about blocking prospects if we have the opportunity to better the opening day lineup let’s do it. 

Westburg may not be Gunnar level but I could see him being as good or better than Drury and Segura. Between Urias and the other prospects we also have plenty of insurance options should he struggle.