Eovaldi signed with Rangers per Moose

wildcard

Just now, waroriole said:

2/34 isn’t bad at all. They really seem to be completely unwilling to spend anything. Just sell the team. This is pathetic

I've been convinced by others that there's more profits in running the team as they are currently doing as opposed to selling it for a chunk. I really believe we are stuck with this ownership.

Entering today, FG DC had their SP innings M. Perez 194, J. Gray 174, deGrom 172, Heaney 140, Odorizzi 93, Dunning 78, though I wouldn't buy that....deGrom and Heaney might need Eovaldi's help to put out 312 IP.

Odorizzi and Dunning's 2022 performances were I guess so weak they didn't mind making them mop-up guys.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Entering today, FG DC had their SP innings M. Perez 194, J. Gray 174, deGrom 172, Heaney 140, Odorizzi 93, Dunning 78, though I wouldn't buy that....deGrom and Heaney might need Eovaldi's help to put out 312 IP.

Odorizzi and Dunning's 2022 performances were I guess so weak they didn't mind making them mop-up guys.

I remember when Odorizzi was a "buzz" player here. Perhaps they can trade for the withered husk of whatever his career has left now that Texas doesn't really need him?

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Spring training trade? One becomes 6th man? 

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

So looks like we will be 28th or 29th in payroll in 2023. Of course we could pick up a big salary in a trade but Pirates and Orioles are about tied in payroll, depends who each  signs if anyone. Be tough to catch the 27th team with the free agents left. 

Any big salary in a deal I think would be more likely at the deadline or after the season. I can’t see that type of deal now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

They keep running that stupid quote on WBAL promoting the Orioles where Elias says " the wall will help us get more free agent pitchers to come here".

The wall helped to get Kyle Gibson. 

Get your Birdland Membership now. Visit Orioles.com.