Santander an option for Ms

MarCakes21

Not sure this deserves its own thread but there’s an article out that Santander is option 1a for the Ms still looking for an OF and they’re flush with SP.

https://www.baseballrumors.me/2022/12/mlb-rumors-mariners-linked-to-orioles.html?fbclid=IwAR2sf23ejN28x4lB5P2fQcAS1IGmQRZiu2CvmhyC2WJRlwGksz-t45tOzBg&m=1&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

anyone want to begin guessing what a return might look like from the Ms? Guessing it’s not their ML ready SPs.

• Upvote 1

Not really interested in trading Santander, since the O's didn't sign a reasonable replacement.  He was probably the O's 2nd best hitter after Adley.  Sounds like a really bad idea.  If the O's had done this early in the offseason, there would be time to find a replacement if they weren't too cheap to sign someone.

1 hour ago, MarCakes21 said:

I like Bryce Miller more as well due to the strikeout upside and better K/BB. Would like to see their BTV ranks

Miller would probably be a better fit, if we're looking for help this season since he's 24. Hancock's still young and developing. Someone mentioned Matt Brash, but I think he's worth more than Santander, unless the Mariner's have soured on him a bit after last season. I  hope the O's wouldn't consider an overrated veteran like Marco Gonzales. If I were the Mariners that's who I would be looking to move.  

6 minutes ago, Camden Yards said:

We are not trading Santander! Who would we replace him with at this point? Don’t say Stowers because they barely played him last year. I thought Santander was getting some reps at 1B last year? He is probably the backup first basemen some games and will DH some games too. 

If the Mariners offer enough Elias will move him.  The Mariners overpaid for Castillo and the deadline maybe there GM will do it again for Santander.  

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

If the Mariners offer enough Elias will move him.  The Mariners overpaid for Castillo and the deadline maybe there GM will do it again for Santander.  

Overpaying for a TOR starter is one thing. It is something that we would want Elias to do. He should have done it already if needed, maybe before spring training, maybe deadline, or next offseason.

Overpaying for an average OF/DH is another thing. He could have just signed Mitch Haniger. 

• Upvote 1