Adley Rutschman - The 2023 Plan

wildcard

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d love to see their plan that includes 162 games of Adley. 

Adley is considered a generational talent by many.   Maybe they decrease the number of games he catches in order to have him DH more.  But that would be a shame became he is so good behind the plate for the pitchers.

It will be interest to see how the O's maximize his production.

Edited by wildcard

8 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

You've obviously never worn the "tools of ignorance." Catching 120 games is tough to do physically. Then to expect him to have no rest at all by DHing the other 42 is just non-sensical.  If you overuse him and he is fatigued and dinged up, he will cease to be "the O's best offensive weapon." 140-145 games is really best case scenario. 

Agree. No way do they attempt to play Adley in 162 games. Maybe if they only caught him 82 or something. Even then I think he would need rest. 

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

The point of the plan to be part of the overall plan for the team so they know what to expect from the offense.    Do you really think that the Orioles have not already mapped all this out?

As analytic as this team is they have done many versions of this.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face."

- Mike Tyson

I'm sure the Orioles have mapped this all out... and that map doesn't include a 162 game season for Adley.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Man, how the heck have I never heard of these guys.   Seems like they were putting out music 15-20 years ago that is right in the wheelhouse of what I listened to a lot at the time.  Basically a Canadian Bowling for Soup.

Have a 5 hour drive next Friday I'll plug them into Spotify and give them a listen.

And now back to our regularly scheduled ridiculous off-season discussion...

When I extrapolated the Fangraphs Depth Charts numbers to 162-scales, Adley landed at something like an 8-win catcher and a 3-win DH, so I don't think playing with the variables you max his contribution by borrowing catcher games to DH to get his total from 150 to 162.

I do hope the offense is good enough for him to make a run at 600 PA.