Orioles Acquire LHP Cole Irvin from the A's for Darrel Hernaiz

LTO's

50 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You and me both. Only baseball would allow their players to miss their preseason to play in a pretend Tournament that nobody will remember three weeks later who won.

Third here.  I hate it, too.  

Strictly because of the fact that guys can get injured.  Though I think that if a pitcher has arm issues during the WBC, he'd have had them anyway in camp or early on in the ML season.  

But say a guy tears his ACL in the outfield going after a ball or on the bases, then I'd be irate.  Can't imagine their ML club would be pleased, either.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Third here.  I hate it, too.  

Strictly because of the fact that guys can get injured.  Though I think that if a pitcher has arm issues during the WBC, he'd have had them anyway in camp or early on in the ML season.  

But say a guy tears his ACL in the outfield going after a ball or on the bases, then I'd be irate.  Can't imagine their ML club would be pleased, either.

I don't think the injury risk is higher in the WBC than it is in any Spring Training game.  Adley got hurt last Spring doing what exactly?  I don't even remember.  Might have been stretching.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That said, this was a great moment.  

Kinda sucks that Adam Jones' greatest moment came at the WBC and not in an Orioles uniform though.

It was a cool catch, but I have no idea what it represented in game action. Was this in the 1st inning? 9th inning? In a 19-0 blowout of Uganda? Who knows or cares because it didn't matter.

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It was a cool catch, but I have no idea what it represented in game action. Was this in the 1st inning? 9th inning? In a 19-0 blowout of Uganda? Who knows or cares because it didn't matter.

How can you not remember?  I mean I know we both hate the WBC but he robbed Machado.  Late innings, like the 7th or 8th, helped preserve a win.  It was in an elimination game.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Look, why do you think I care if you care or they care, or anyone else cares, It's MY DAMN OPINION that it sucks. Playing your fanboy games with me posting your fanboy pictures doesn't matter. 

I have zero issues if you wanna all fanboy it up and love the WBC, feel free, but I care about the real season and that's it. Anything that could potentially get in the way sucks and is at the wrong time. 

Feel free to disagree, but posting pics or showing quotes from players (who are never going to say anything bad about it) and stuff is going change anything. 

You wanna love it, feel free. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

How can you not remember?  I mean I know we both hate the WBC but he robbed Machado.  Late innings, like the 7th or 8th, helped preserve a win.  It was in an elimination game.

Because I literally have never watched one inning of the WBC. I truly do not care. I saw the replays later and people talking about it. That's the only reason I know anything about it. 

And while it's cool that Jones robbed Machado of a homer with a great catch, it meant nothing to anything really. If he had made this in the world series, that's a different story.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

You and me both. Only baseball would allow their players to miss their preseason to play in a pretend Tournament that nobody will remember three weeks later who won.

I don’t particularly like it, but they do it to promote the sport worldwide, which is in the interests of MLB.  What makes it uniquely problematic is that pitchers can’t just roll out of bed after a few months off and throw at a high level.   Other sports don’t really have that type of issue.  

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t particularly like it, but they do it to promote the sport worldwide, which is in the interests of MLB.  What makes it uniquely problematic is that pitchers can’t just roll out of bed after a few months off and throw at a high level.   Other sports don’t really have that type of issue.  

But see, that's their issue, not mine. I don't care if the world likes baseball or not. It does nothing for me as a fan. Basically they've sold a made up tournament to fans for another money grab for MLB and the owners. Players were sold saying that worldwide audiences means more TV revenue and more meony to them. So they're like, "Sure". 

They all have guaranteed contracts so who cares, right? 

Personally, I want all of players focused on Orioles routines, getting their timing and command down, and getting rready for opening day. Anything that gets in the way of that is noise. 

56 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Look, why do you think I care if you care or they care, or anyone else cares, It's MY DAMN OPINION that it sucks. Playing your fanboy games with me posting your fanboy pictures doesn't matter. 

I have zero issues if you wanna all fanboy it up and love the WBC, feel free, but I care about the real season and that's it. Anything that could potentially get in the way sucks and is at the wrong time. 

Feel free to disagree, but posting pics or showing quotes from players (who are never going to say anything bad about it) and stuff is going change anything. 

You wanna love it, feel free. 

I know you were irked, but man this post made me laugh so hard. I pictured you yelling this at CoC (I don’t even know what CoC looks like but I imagined a short, bald-headed dude…sorry CoC). My friends love it when I have a good rant like this. We should all chip in and get you multiple WBC jerseys, maybe a framed photo of the Netherlands team, etc. CoC as a fanboy is the best part. He’s such the opposite! He only likes to argue. Oh man, I can’t stop laughing. That was a fantastic rant. Should go in the OH classics thread IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I know you were irked, but man this post made me laugh so hard. I pictured you yelling this at CoC (I don’t even know what CoC looks like but I imagined a short, bald-headed dude…sorry CoC). My friends love it when I have a good rant like this. We should all chip in and get you multiple WBC jerseys, maybe a framed photo of the Netherlands team, etc. CoC as a fanboy is the best part. He’s such the opposite! He only likes to argue. Oh man, I can’t stop laughing. That was a fantastic rant. Should go in the OH classics thread IMO. 

Eh, CoC's been around long enough to take it! lol 

I was typing harder during the all caps portion! :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Ohfan67 said:

I am a fan of the WBC, I enjoy watching baseball and it's baseball.

Now was I distraught the last one was cancelled?

Naw, but I'd rather they have it than they not have it.

I also think the Jones moment was genuinely a great moment in baseball.

As for hair, I'm doing pretty good for someone my age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am a fan of the WBC, I enjoy watching baseball and it's baseball.

Now was I distraught the last one was cancelled?

Naw, but I'd rather they have it than they not have it.

I also think the Jones moment was genuinely a great moment in baseball.

As for hair, I'm doing pretty good for someone my age.

😎