Ootp Baseball 2023 - Orioles in Playoffs

bluedog

Okay, with still another day to wait,I started playing OOTP ‘24 a few days ago. 

I’m managing one AB at a time rather than just rushing through it. I didn’t make any trades. After 30 games and a .500 record, the club is 1st in the AL in runs scored and OBP (.772), and dead last in ERA (5.59). 

In 34.2 IP, Cole Irvin has allowed 42 ER and 10 homers for a 10.90 ERA. At what point do you start to worry? 😀

46 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Okay, with still another day to wait,I started playing OOTP ‘24 a few days ago. 

I’m managing one AB at a time rather than just rushing through it. I didn’t make any trades. After 30 games and a .500 record, the club is 1st in the AL in runs scored and OBP (.772), and dead last in ERA (5.59). 

In 34.2 IP, Cole Irvin has allowed 42 ER and 10 homers for a 10.90 ERA. At what point do you start to worry? 😀

What did OOTP have Irvin rated on a 20-80 scale? I'm a big fan of OOTP, but have had issues with some of their ratings of current and minor league players.

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

What did OOTP have Irvin rated on a 20-80 scale? I'm a big fan of OOTP, but have had issues with some of their ratings of current and minor league players.

On Stuff, he’s a 40, which is the lowest of any pitcher on the big league club. On Control he’s a 70, which is highest. I was surprised at the 40 rating and wonder if that’s going to render him unplayable because even the Royals and Tigers hammered him.

The injuries also seem a tad inflated. In 30 games, Urias is already on his second IL stint. Mountcastle got hurt sliding into 3rd on Opening Day and is still out (hello, O’Hearn). I had an opponent hit two of my batters in a row and both had to leave the game. 

3 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

On Stuff, he’s a 40, which is the lowest of any pitcher on the big league club. On Control he’s a 70, which is highest. I was surprised at the 40 rating and wonder if that’s going to render him unplayable because even the Royals and Tigers hammered him.

The injuries also seem a tad inflated. In 30 games, Urias is already on his second IL stint. Mountcastle got hurt sliding into 3rd on Opening Day and is still out (hello, O’Hearn). I had an opponent hit two of my batters in a row and both had to leave the game. 

Based on his baseball savant movement and velocities, I can see him getting 40 or 45 stuff rating. Overall, what was his current rating. Seems like he should be a 45 or 50 at best.

• 2 months later...

Tonight to celebrate the Westburg callup, I started a new Ootp 24 game with a live start using the stats up to today. 

On July 30th against the Yankees, this is what happened:

image.thumb.gif.733ee7d3f69893cdd0902d0e11f6993b.gif

O's are currently 62 - 42 and in the lead for the wildcard.

No pressure Kyle, no pressure...

Edited by bluedog
  • Upvote 1

I started a new game yesterday with the strategy of trading away all the "vets" for pitching, promoting all of our high quality prospects, locking up Adley, Gunnar and all the other kiddos long term and drafting / developing advanced pitchers (college players mostly). Then when the team was ready, I sunk huge FA dollars into buying a quality rotation / bullpen.

Your 2026 MLB World Champions - the Baltimore Orioles!

image.thumb.gif.3e2909e54612472bc722f9a56637c9b1.gif

Edited by bluedog
  • Like 1