2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

35 minutes ago, purplepittabread88 said:

I think vespi looked great and has some real good stuff, he should stick around even if by default until we trade for a better reliever 

Vespi might implode once in a while but you could see last year that he’s unfazed by any situation and gets the job more times than not.   Not great but he’s serviceable.   He’s a keeper.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Vespi might implode once in a while but you could see last year that he’s unfazed by any situation and gets the job more times than not.   Not great but he’s serviceable.   He’s a keeper.

I've never really understood their usage, or lack thereof with him. He's kinda perfect as a middle reliever. Obviously he can go more than an inning as well.

23 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is it too much to ask to get Henderson, Rutschman, Cowser and Westburg in the lineup all together at once.  

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hays back in the starting lineup tonight.

Looks like you got your wish. Things happen when you ask nicely.

1 hour ago, terpoh said:

I think this is the first time all of those 4 young guys have played together right?

It’s the third time they’ve all started. First time since the ASB. Cowser’s first two nights in the bigs (7/5 and 7/6), all four were in the lineup.

27 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Cowser looks way overmatched right now and Ohearn has come back down to earth lately. Can’t get Cedric back soon enough and hopefully Mountcastle gets some starts against righties. 

Cowser hasn’t looked overmatched to me. 7 walks and 5 k’s in 36 PA. He’s hit some balls right at guys. I think he will come around as long as they keep giving him consistent opportunities. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Cowser looks way overmatched right now and Ohearn has come back down to earth lately. Can’t get Cedric back soon enough and hopefully Mountcastle gets some starts against righties. 

How does Cowser look overmatched? He's just watching the ball mostly. It's extremely similar to what Gunnar, his best friend, did to start the year. The same .200+ difference between his BA and OBP. It's not an optimal outcome, but it beats being swinging and missing every time because you're fooled by big league pitchers. And like Gunnar, I expect he'll take the bat off of his shoulder when he gets a better feel.

• Upvote 1