2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Maybe it's as simple as them just doing him a solid and going a man short for a few days so he can still play in the All Star Game.   And I know that isn't optimal for the team but sometimes you do things like that for your employees even if it isn't the optimal move.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't understand the choice to play Frazier over Hicks in NYC, or the choice to not use Mullens' amazing defense in the field. 

Is he a healthy scratch? I don't have the twitters so I can't see if anything was mentioned in comments as to why Hicks is out of the lineup. 

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I don't understand the choice to play Frazier over Hicks in NYC, or the choice to not use Mullens' amazing defense in the field. 

Well considering it was a late lineup change there is probably a physical reason for Frazier over Hicks.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Maybe it's as simple as them just doing him a solid and going a man short for a few days so he can still play in the All Star Game.   And I know that isn't optimal for the team but sometimes you do things like that for your employees even if it isn't the optimal move.

I am perfectly fine with this if that is what it is. Hays has given the org his body for six or seven years at this point. He is deserving of the game and as much as we as fans are excited for him, you better believe that the org is even more jazzed up about it. 

Is rain in the forecast or just a day off for Ced? Anybody see anything posted about why Hicks was scratched? I suppose if McKenna was still with the big club they might've still elected to go with Frazier's left-handed bat in the outfield if Hicks, Ced and Hays are all unavailable (at least in the field) tonight. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I am perfectly fine with this if that is what it is. Hays has given the org his body for six or seven years at this point. He is deserving of the game and as much as we as fans are excited for him, you better believe that the org is even more jazzed up about it. 

Is rain in the forecast or just a day off for Ced? Anybody see anything posted about why Hicks was scratched? I suppose if McKenna was still with the big club they might've still elected to go with Frazier's left-handed bat in the outfield if Hicks, Ced and Hays are all unavailable (at least in the field) tonight. 

No rain in the forecast.  No word on why HIcks.

So we might have a 2 man bench tonight (McCann and Mateo).

But we get to see Cowser in CF.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No rain in the forecast.  No word on why HIcks.

So we might have a 2 man bench tonight (McCann and Mateo).

But we get to see Cowser in CF.

He better be on his horse tonight with the two of Frazier and Ant roaming the corners out there. I think they'll be fine. I'm more worried about whether they'll be able to hit Severino. Only Ant (2-6 2 HR), Ced (0-5 1K) and Urias (0-4 1K) have faced Severino. 

Edited by banks703

Hicks was out with Achilles soreness. 

Bradish threw great. The pitch count was elevated but it probably wasn’t easy sitting for so long. Hopefully he’ll continue to build off of it. His ERA is down to 3.32, WHIP down to 1.18 and with 79 Ks this first half he’s likely going to get to 150 baring injury. 

He is solidly a middle rotation guy. On this team, he’s probably the second best starter with Means out right now. The O’s could do a lot worse than Kyle as their 3rd/4th starter. 

16 minutes ago, banks703 said:

He is solidly a middle rotation guy. On this team, he’s probably the second best starter with Means out right now. The O’s could do a lot worse than Kyle as their 3rd/4th starter. 

He’s a few innings short of qualifying because of getting hit on the foot by a line drive in his first start.   Otherwise, he’d be tied for 12th in ERA in the AL.  I’d say that’s better than a 3rd/4th starter.   Wells too, he’s 8th in ERA right now.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, banks703 said:

He better be on his horse tonight with the two of Frazier and Ant roaming the corners out there. I think they'll be fine. I'm more worried about whether they'll be able to hit Severino. Only Ant (2-6 2 HR), Ced (0-5 1K) and Urias (0-4 1K) have faced Severino. 

Santander has 1 defensive run saved in RF, -2 outs above average, and a positive UZR and UZR/150. The ball he caught in the 9th last night had an expected batting average of .660. He more or less an average outfielder who is perfectly competent in RF because he gets above average jumps. Don’t act like he’s Mark Trumbo out there.