Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

2 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Too bad both he and Stowers would be competing for the same OF spot. We have excess, but can't find a trade partner for frontline pitching.

We don't know if Elias is even looking.

My guess is no one is doing much talking in early May.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Too bad both he and Stowers would be competing for the same OF spot. We have excess, but can't find a trade partner for frontline pitching.

In the offseason, my thought was that Cowser, Mullins and Stowers were the starting OF by June at the latest.  

Santander as the primary DH who basically never touches a glove.

Hays is the 4th OFer that gets plenty of playing time.

Can we still do that?  Should we be doing that?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

In the offseason, my thought was that Cowser, Mullins and Stowers were the starting OF by June at the latest.  

Santander as the primary DH who basically never touches a glove.

Hays is the 4th OFer that gets plenty of playing time.

Can we still do that?  Should we be doing that?

If we switch Hays and Stowers in your arrangement, I’m with it. 

I’m cool with moving Hays to RF, he definitely has the arm for it. But I don’t think he should be benched, not the way he has been swinging the stick this year. I don’t see Stowers producing at the level that Hays is giving us right now. Nor do I think Stowers in a better defensive outfielder than Hays. But sure Stowers as the 4th outfielder, with Cowser in LF, Mullins in CF, and Hays in RF works for me!

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

If we switch Hays and Stowers in your arrangement, I’m with it. 

I’m cool with moving Hays to RF, he definitely has the arm for it. But I don’t think he should be benched, not the way he has been swinging the stick this year. I don’t see Stowers producing at the level that Hays is giving us right now. Nor do I think Stowers in a better defensive outfielder than Hays. But sure Stowers as the 4th outfielder, with Cowser in LF, Mullins in CF, and Hays in RF works for me!

I mean that’s fine..while Hays is hot, he can play a little more but he would still play several games a week but Hays is too brittle to play everyday. He just gets hurt a lot. Resting him early may help him over the long haul.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean that’s fine..while Hays is hot, he can play a little more but he would still play several games a week but Hays is too brittle to play everyday. He just gets hurt a lot. Resting him early may help him over the long haul.

Once he gets hurt like he inevitably will, the Stowers plays in his place. No harm no foul. As long as McKenna is kept off the field, I’m good. 😉

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Once he gets hurt like he inevitably will, the Stowers plays in his place. No harm no foul. As long as McKenna is kept off the field, I’m good. 😉

McKenna is fine as a 5th OFer. But he may be the odd man out right now until some thinning of the roster occurs.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

McKenna is fine as a 5th OFer. But he may be the odd man out right now until some thinning of the roster occurs.

As the 5th outfielder will he never play or as little as possible?

If so, I’m good with that…lol

J/k he’s ok if used sparingly.

12 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

2-3 with a walk tonight, BA now at .324. I don't know where to find these kinds of splits, but given his slow start I have to think Cowser has been hitting around .400 over his last twenty games. 

He’s had 7 multi hit games since 4/11.  A couple 3 hit nights and a 4 hit night.  
30 for his last 64 in that span.  .468 avg. 

Edited by emmett16

15 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

2-3 with a walk tonight, BA now at .324. I don't know where to find these kinds of splits, but given his slow start I have to think Cowser has been hitting around .400 over his last twenty games. 

.438 in the last 10!