Colton Cowser 2023

DirtyBird

6 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

When I see a SSS first week of spring training post like that, I immediately wonder whether someone is grinding an axe about drafting Cowster instead of someone else or just pointing out a statistical anomaly.

Are concerns about Cowser's K rate based on a small sample size?

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Are concerns about Cowser's K rate based on a small sample size?

Nope. But I wouldn’t worry about his first 8 PA of the season, half of which were walks.  For me, I’ll look at his K rate in mid-May and decide if he’s making progress or not.  

I hate to stop conversation, but the player 2023 posts really ought to focus on performance information, scouting, and current thoughts, not to restart any draft pick conversations. It's eight spring training PAs through the first four games. Literally the definition of an extreme small sample size.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I hate to stop conversation, but the player 2023 posts really ought to focus on performance information, scouting, and current thoughts, not to restart any draft pick conversations. It's eight spring training PAs through the first four games. Literally the definition of an extreme small sample size.

No draft pick conversation here - just an update on performance thus far. Will be sure to keep thread going as sample size increases.