Orioles vs Pirates Tues Feb 28

spleen1015

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=2/28/2023&gamePk=719342&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=boxScore&sportId=1#719342

Inning 1 - Statcast pie chart thinks all 7 Bradish fastballs were 4-seam.    And 11 non-fastballs in the two strikeout inning.

Vavra, Adley, Stowers all got the fire Hard Hit badge in their first PA.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=2/28/2023&gamePk=719342&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=boxScore&sportId=1#719342

Inning 1 - Statcast pie chart thinks all 7 Bradish fastballs were 4-seam.    And 11 non-fastballs in the two strikeout inning.

Vavra, Adley, Stowers all got the fire Hard Hit badge in their first PA.

and Bradish was really spinning his breaking pitches!

average 2,600 RPM on the slider, which he averaged 2,480 last season.  threw it hard too, which may have given him some more spin? and maybe less break?

He was even spinning some curves in at 87 MPH, so all his breaking pitches were playing up compared to last season.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Holy crap this is fast with the 15 second pitch clock with no one on. Must faster. Still trying to decide if I like it or not.

i love it, going to interesting to see how the old and out of shape players handle fast pace. -- They're all gonna get left behind. Can only hide 1 guy at DH. 

I really don't understand why Wandisson Charles was given a big league spring training invite and why he's being given so  much work early on in games. Sure, the arm is nice, but he's does not belong in the big leagues. 

I have to question why he's a guy they brought in at a big league invite level. He was awful last year in A-ball. Just a questionable decision all around and makes me wonder about the scouts that felt he was worth a look at big league camp. Or was he a pick of the "scout nerds" who never some him pitch but like the pitch shapes?

Would be interesting to know.