Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

22 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

What a roster at Norfolk. A healthy lineup goes something like Cowser --> Norby --> Westburg --> Kjerstad --> Stowers --> Ortiz. Sheesh.

I'm hoping that a Kjerstad promotion to AAA means a Cowser promotion to Baltimore.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Great news. Makes me appreciate getting to see him play in Bowie all that much more the other night. He was very kind to my Cousin's kid. When he was up to the plate in the 8th, I told my cousin how I was hoping for a pitches to be called balls so he could work to a good count. Then once he got in a 3-1 count, I was like "Ok, now this is a good count where he can just choose his pitch". The very next pitch, he smacked one over the right field fence for the game tying home run. That sent the game into overtime and helped the Baysox to win.

The future is bright for Heston Kjerstad! I'm certainly cheering him on.

10 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Don't forget Westburg. 

Westburg is not on the level of those 6. Those 6 are either Allstar MLB players, top tier prospects, or top of the draft kind of guys. Not to take anything away from Westburg, but he is a borderline to 50 prospect at the apex of his valuation. 

For all I know, there may be plans to trade him during the deadline window.

Most likely someone will have to be traded as part of a package to bring a serious starting pitching upgrade. To be honest, I don’t see any of the aforementioned 6 being traded so that Westburg can be kept.

3 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Westburg is not on the level of those 6. Those 6 are either Allstar MLB players, top tier prospects, or top of the draft kind of guys. Not to take anything away from Westburg, but he is a borderline to 50 prospect at the apex of his valuation. 

For all I know, there may be plans to trade him during the deadline window.

Most likely someone will have to be traded as part of a package to bring a serious starting pitching upgrade. To be honest, I don’t see any of the aforementioned 6 being traded so that Westburg can be kept.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Westburg isn't as good a prospect as Kjerstad. Westburg is the same age, has proven himself a level higher than Kjerstad, and can play more valuable defensive positions. No reason at all that Westburg can't be on a team with those other guys.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

What a roster at Norfolk. A healthy lineup goes something like Cowser --> Norby --> Westburg --> Kjerstad --> Stowers --> Ortiz. Sheesh.

Six guys that many MLB clubs would be glad to have in their starting lineup right now. 

4 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

Finally! 1 step closer to the day when we have an optimized roster with Mullins, Adley, Gunnar, Holliday, Cowser, and Kjerstad hitting in some order back to back. We are going to be lethal when that happens. 

...And face LH starters about a hundred times a season.