Heston Kjerstad 2023

Three Run Homer

7 minutes ago, IPlayGM said:

Wow I didn’t know he was going that strong!  Can’t wait to get that OPS in Bmore!!!

I agree!! One can only dream of the days when Kjerstad, Cowser, and Holliday join Gunnar, Adley, and Mullins on the O's. In a year or 2, we will probably have the best offense in baseball!

16 minutes ago, deward said:

Seems like the Stowers injury would have been a good opportunity to promote Kjerstad. Instead, Elias signs some journeyman to fill in. I don't get it.

Only thing i can think of is he is trying to stagger these guys arrivals so he doesn't have 3-4 All Stars hitting free agency in the same offseason. 

Can't stand Heston being halfway down on p.2 of the Minors board. Here is where he is today after 146 ABs and 37 games. He has 26 SO and 12 BB. He just keeps motoring along. Gotta move some AAAA guys at Norfolk soon, he may be at 200 ABs in mid-June. Diaz (26) is hitting, O'Hearn is 29, Lester 28. Stowers in RF after IL, LF is Haskin (hot but SSS) and Fontana (not hot). They don't seem to have a regular DH so ABs are available.

.322 .396 .630 1.026

On 5/23/2023 at 6:34 PM, deward said:

Seems like the Stowers injury would have been a good opportunity to promote Kjerstad. Instead, Elias signs some journeyman to fill in. I don't get it.

I don't know what's hard to get about the idea he has only played 37 games at AA. It's way too early.

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I don't know what's hard to get about the idea he has only played 37 games at AA. It's way too early.

He's dominating the league and, due to the time he missed, should be pushed aggressively now that's he's healthy. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

WC seems to think ME has a 200 AB criteria before advancement, assuming performance. That's why I suggested mid-June

I do not think it’s that mechanical.  But I don’t think they will be in any huge hurry with Kjerstad.  This will be his  first full season of play.  If he ends up with 200+ PA in AAA, that’s a huge win. They could wait until mid-July and still achieve that.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, deward said:

He's dominating the league and, due to the time he missed, should be pushed aggressively now that's he's healthy. 

Considering what he went through, I'm not sure it is logical to push him aggressively. I'm just happy he's playing again. A half season at AA is the minimum I'd expect. I'd like to see him put up some big numbers at both stops before playing in Baltimore next year.

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

Considering what he went through, I'm not sure it is logical to push him aggressively. I'm just happy he's playing again. A half season at AA is the minimum I'd expect. I'd like to see him put up some big numbers at both stops before playing in Baltimore next year.

My thinking is that he's already old for a top prospect in AA. He was an advanced college hitter, looked good in both the AFL and spring training, and appears to be demonstrating mastery of his current level. It makes sense to me to try and catch him up to where he should have been without the health issues as soon as feasible. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I do not think it’s that mechanical.  But I don’t think they will be in any huge hurry with Kjerstad.  This will be his  first full season of play.  If he ends up with 200+ PA in AAA, that’s a huge win. They could wait until mid-July and still achieve that.

Elias has a pattern for promotions.  Ignore it at your own peril.

9 hours ago, deward said:

My thinking is that he's already old for a top prospect in AA. He was an advanced college hitter, looked good in both the AFL and spring training, and appears to be demonstrating mastery of his current level. It makes sense to me to try and catch him up to where he should have been without the health issues as soon as feasible. 

Agree on this. He’s 24, shown to be advanced at AA, let’s move him up.

I can understand you may slow roll on Holliday or Basallo due to age. But this dude is almost in his mid 20s.