Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

43 minutes ago, Malike said:

This is why he's on the team. Kjerstad is going to be great (probably) but he was way overmatched in his AB. Same with Westburg. Say what you want about Frazier but he's got ice water in his veins and he comes up big when it counts most of the time.

HK missed his chance on the first pitch. He'll learn. 

26 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You always had use for them..the question was always, is it worth it to carry them for that use because we don’t know that the situations will arise.? Still debatable but they are here now, so it doesn’t matter.

No, it kind of f-ing does matter.  We all just saw why.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, now said:

If memory serves, Frazier did something similar for Seattle last year with a big hit when it counted most. Which made his acquisition in the offseason kind of predictive of this moment. 

Likely thinking of this go-ahead hit in Seattle's WC series-clinching win over Toronto: 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

So glad this was bumped.  The man deserves a lot of credit,.  And maybe Elias had a bit of an idea what he was doing when he signed Frazier.... 

I'm sure a lot of those who didn't want Frazier or Mateo on the team in September are a bit happier - at least today - that they were.

I doubt it I think those type people rather be able to say see I was right then actually root for the team to win.  It same think in the game threads I don’t even have to know the score you can tell if we winning based on who is posting. There quite a few doom and gloom posters that just complain all the time when we losing but if we are winning they are no where to be seen.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I can see how someone who is so lacking in well, everything, how you can not understand what I was saying there.

But hey, you have been having wet dreams to a 0 WAR player all year, so it’s not surprising.

Ironically, your Frazier takes are actually not even remotely the dumbest takes you have had all year which is really saying something.

Yes, you were saying if given 200 more AB’s, Westburg may have been able to put the ball in play in a meaningful situation and it was very, very dumb to sign a veteran who is more likely to put the ball in play in a meaningful situation.

Fortunately Adley was able to pick up the rookie.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Yes, you were saying if given 200 more AB’s, Westburg may have been able to put the ball in play in a meaningful situation and it was very, very dumb to sign a veteran who is more likely to put the ball in play in a meaningful situation.

Fortunately Adley was able to pick up the rookie.

I’m sure it brought you pleasure to see one of the young players not come through even though that player has been more valuable in way less playing time than your boyfriend has.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m sure it brought you pleasure to see one of the young players not come through even though that player has been more valuable in way less playing time than your boyfriend has.

No one on here gets pleasure out of any Orioles failing, in any situation......I hope.  That was a silly thing to say.......this isn't a middle school forum, but it's looking a bit like one.  I think you're better than this....

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

No one on here gets pleasure out of any Orioles failing, in any situation......I hope.  That was a silly thing to say.......this isn't a middle school forum, but it's looking a bit like one.  I think you're better than this....

No, he does. He’s the ultimate troll and can’t wait to point out the failures of the young kids.

Gain some knowledge of the situation before coming at me.

7 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

On the other hand, this guy is salty because Frazier has come up big for us. But, that doesn’t matter. It was a bad signing regardless of results.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, he does. He’s the ultimate troll and can’t wait to point out the failures of the young kids.

Gain some knowledge of the situation before coming at me.

I've been on here for months.  He (@DirtyBird) is probably saying out loud what many others are thinking....you've been very vocal that you didn't like the signing, and without going back through this thread, specifically the "wasting" of $8M on Frazier.....and you've said (which I DO agree with) that maybe that money could have been better spent, I think referring to pitching upgrades.  So, I have been watching and reading, and understanding where you're coming from.

But there comes a point where maybe it's time to acknowledge that, for all of his faults, Frazier has been a pretty clutch performer this year.  Was it worth $8M??  Today, some might say yes.  And some of those folks also recognize other really good at bats throughout the season by Frazier, and clutch hits to keep us in games, or put us ahead.  The guy is a true professional.....and let's maybe agree that he gets a lot out of what little talent you think he has.  I'm glad he was on our team all year....and I suspect (more importantly) that his teammates feel the same.

• Upvote 2