Predicting 2023 Opening Day Lineup and Predictions (Edit: It's posted)

RVAOsFan

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Why Frazier over Urias? Is it just 8 million reasons?

Yep. 

I would be surprised if Frazier played much against lefties.  So I think that's when you will see Urias in the lineup at 2B. 

Against righties, it's probably going to be more rotational with the infielders.  I would sit Mountcastle once a week with Santander playing 1B so Urias is still playing nearly everyday. So you could theoretically rotate Mountcastle, Urias, Mateo, and Frazier so each of them are only sitting 1-2 times a week. 

25 minutes ago, WietersCorner said:

I'm fairly confident in this prediction:

CF Mullins

C Rutchsman

RF Santander

1B Mountcastle

DH Urias

3B Henderson

LF Hays

2B Frazier

SS Mateo

Pretty sure that will be it, yes. Though putting the Gold Glover at DH will make me chuckle. 

The order of anger and rage on the Hangout will be as follows once the lineup is released today:

1. Stowers sits (full blown anger)

2. Urias sits (mild anger)

3. Mateo sits (mild elation)

4. Frazier sits (full blown elation)

Do I have that correct?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The order of anger and rage on the Hangout will be as follows once the lineup is released today:

1. Stowers sits (full blown anger)

2. Urias sits (mild anger)

3. Mateo sits (mild elation)

4. Frazier sits (full blown elation)

Do I have that correct?

Basically 

32 minutes ago, WietersCorner said:

I'm fairly confident in this prediction:

CF Mullins

C Rutchsman

RF Santander

1B Mountcastle

DH Urias

3B Henderson

LF Hays

2B Frazier

SS Mateo

Hays and Santander will be flipped in the outfield for Fenway, and Stowers will be the DH. Urias sits against the righty Kluber IMO. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Are Hays and Santander better fielders than Stowers?

Hays, yes. Santander it's probably close but he's better than people think. More than any of that, though, is tenure. They're going to start the tenured guys in their positions for a bit and then mix in Stowers as we go along to keep them healthy. 

If Stowers can't get into the lineup in a favorable matchup against a righty, it's tough to imagine him being anything more than a part time player under the Hyde/Elias watch. 

Could be a tenure thing though, where they just want to get all the vets in there on OD. 

Logic tells me, that it's either going to be Urias or Mateo that sits.  Logic doesn't always win out though. 

Edited by ChuckS

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If Stowers can't get into the lineup in a favorable matchup against a righty, it's tough to imagine him being anything more than a part time player under the Hyde/Elias watch. 

Could be a tenure thing though, where they just want to get all the vets in there on OD. 

Logic tells me, that it's either going to be Urias or Mateo that sits.  Logic doesn't always win out though. 

The only other factor here is the Opening Day aspect. Perhaps Hyde bends to the veterans a bit more to get Mateo and Urias both in the lineup for the "honor" of the opener. Though given we're opening on the road, I'm not sure if that's as big a factor. 

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutsch  C

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander DH

5. Hays RF

6. Henderson 3B

7. Frazier LF

8. Urias 2B

9. Mateo SS

I think this sets them up to pinch hit Stowers for Mateo later in the game if needed. Then Stowers to LF, Gunnar to SS, Frazier to 2B and Urias to 3B.

I HOPE this isn’t what Hyde does, especially given that he and Elias have stated that they want Gunnar to occupy one position. It would be silly to state that and in the first game move him around. 

45 minutes ago, banks703 said:

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutsch  C

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander DH

5. Hays RF

6. Henderson 3B

7. Frazier LF

8. Urias 2B

9. Mateo SS

I think this sets them up to pinch hit Stowers for Mateo later in the game if needed. Then Stowers to LF, Gunnar to SS, Frazier to 2B and Urias to 3B.

I HOPE this isn’t what Hyde does, especially given that he and Elias have stated that they want Gunnar to occupy one position. It would be silly to state that and in the first game move him around. 

Did they actually say that?  Everything, I've read indicates that they want him (and other IF prospects) to have the flexibility to move around.  The way he was played last year, also lends credence to this. 

If Gunnar has to play SS every day, then Mateo will not be getting into the lineup with any regularity 

If Gunnar has to play 3B every day, then Urias will not be getting into the lineup with any regularity. 

Edited by ChuckS

45 minutes ago, banks703 said:

1. Mullins  CF

2. Rutsch  C

3. Mountcastle 1B

4. Santander DH

5. Hays RF

6. Henderson 3B

7. Frazier LF

8. Urias 2B

9. Mateo SS

If Frazier starts in LF and Stowers is on the bench, I will literally shut down the Hangout.

• Haha 1