Have The O's Reached Out To Angel Reese To Throw Out The First Pitch For The Home Opener?

ORIOLE33

Just now, Going Underground said:

Yes and not all sports stars. Have heard Cot. Wiseman ,a Baltimore County native who will command the flight around the moon next year has been asked. 

An obvious choice. Nice to see lots of different people from the community get the honor and not just car dealership owner types who get to do it because they bought 500+ tickets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

An obvious choice. Nice to see lots of different people from the community get the honor and not just car dealership owner types who get to do it because they bought 500+ tickets.

One Orioles fan is out of this world - Camden Chat
https://www.camdenchat.com/2014/12/1/7317557/one-orioles-fan-is-out-of-this-world

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it’s hysterical that a hot button issue for SG is who gets to and does t get to throw out the first pitch at an Orioles game based on the political affiliations. 

It’s actually a much larger over arching issue with the owner of this team, what his priorities truly are and why his “donation” was a complete farce.(and how he handled that press conference and everything since)

If you think he’s doing all of this stuff for the “good of the franchise”, you are a fool.

Edited by Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s actually a much larger over arching issue with the owner of this team, what his priorities truly are and why his “donation” was a complete farce.(and how he handled that press conference and everything since)

If you think he’s doing all of this stuff for the “good of the franchise”, you are a fool.

tommy-lee-jones-i-dont-care.gif

I really don't care what political persuasions the ownership has.  I also don't care about any kind of donations, I'm under no illusion that people with that wealth are doing it because they're benevolent, but because it's a nice tax write-off and they look good in public.

I also don't believe that the Angelos family would be spending on this team if they had different agendas.  They are who they are when it comes to this perspective.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

Does the fact that she transferred away from Maryland, the local college basketball school, make it less likely that she would be a popular choice with the fans?

If she played for the Terps and won the title it would be an absolute certainty that she would get a first pitch at some point.

I didn't know who she was or her backstory, but if this is true, not sure why anyone would want her to throw out the first pitch. Locals who transfer away from the home major University in a sport where Maryland is actually really good made their bed. It worked out for her obviously, but she is no hometown hero. She's a hometown hero like Teixiera was a hometown hero! lol

• Upvote 3