No gas cans allowed

Going Underground

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

What is this gas can stuff all about?

Throwing Gas & Banging Gas Cans

That set the stage for his first home start against the Akron Rubber Ducks, announced by the Baysox on June 11 for the following Tuesday, June 15. Given Rodriguez’s ability to hit triple-digits with his fastball, he’s long been known for ‘throwing gas,’ so much so that a prominent Orioles fan account on Twitter asked the Baysox if he could bring a gas can into the stadium. Two hours later, the Baysox released their official gas can policy, a first for any professional sports team.

The gas can idea quickly spread across social media before the Baysox poured gasoline on the fire by announcing a contest for best-decorated gas can at the game on Tuesday, the winner of which would win a $50 gas card.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Are they worried that people will come with a can that has some remnants of gas in it and that it could be a potentially hazardous situation?  That’s the only thing I can remotely think of unless they are worried about being used as a weapon? Hit someone with it?

I think they’re just doubling down on the same lame joke Kevin Brown made a few times yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Are they worried that people will come with a can that has some remnants of gas in it and that it could be a potentially hazardous situation?  That’s the only thing I can remotely think of unless they are worried about being used as a weapon? Hit someone with it?

Yes,worried about the Richard Pryor effect.