Oscar Salazar removed from 40 man roster

jeffstonefan

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a pretty easy bet that he wouldn't get claimed.

Tell that to all the whiners that freaked out when he was first put on waivers.

There wasn't much left to complain about with MacPhail's job this winter, so they turned to predicting the apocalypse after a 30-year-old career minor leaguer was put on waivers. It happened. Check the thread.

I think AM is going out of his way this winter to make many of the whiners look stupid. I'm really, really trying to refrain from topping the original thread just to call out how ridiculous some of the comments are.

For those of you who like to act like everything that goes on is proof Andy is clueless, there is a reason Andy has his job and you have yours.

So, because it just happened to unexpectedly turn out lucky for us, that means he made the right move? AM just knew all along that he'd make it through waivers?

I'm sure this has been discussed thoroughly by now, but seriously?? Do you think EVERY move has a definitive answer. It's a poker game bro and you go with the odds on play.

I'll say this for sure- MacPhail probably knows whose value is what it is and knows who to take gambles on by allowing them to reach waivers. You don't even know- but maybe had he sent someone else back to clear space for Zaun- that guy wouldve been picked up. We don't know.

All we can do is hope and guess- and macPhail has a lot better chance of guessing right and playing the cards correctly than we do... unless you're saying that you know more than MacPhail does?

Last Season

House (AAA) - .306 .378 .480 .858 18 Dingers

Knott (AAA) - .260 .340 .479 .819 20 Dingers

Cust (MLB) - .231 .375 .476 . .851 33 Dingers

Salazar (AAA) - .316 .371 .512 .883 13 Dingers

Salazar (MLB) - .284 .372 .506 .878 5 Dingers

We have good reason to want guys like these at least on the bench.

I'm sure this has been discussed thoroughly by now, but seriously?? Do you think EVERY move has a definitive answer. It's a poker game bro and you go with the odds on play.

I'll say this for sure- MacPhail probably knows whose value is what it is and knows who to take gambles on by allowing them to reach waivers. You don't even know- but maybe had he sent someone else back to clear space for Zaun- that guy wouldve been picked up. We don't know.

All we can do is hope and guess- and macPhail has a lot better chance of guessing right and playing the cards correctly than we do... unless you're saying that you know more than MacPhail does?

Who said I'm saying that? This is silly. I didn't care about Salazar, I've never seen him as being a very valuable contributor. But it was a gamble, and there were much less valuable players to risk losing one way or the other. MacPhail had no control over what the other 29 GMs decided, and yet people are forgiving him for the unnecessary risk anyway.

Let's say AM were to trade Wieters for Brandon Fahey, and then a week later Wieters decides on a whim that he's gonna retire and join the circus. Would you forgive AM for the move, or would you still think it was a pretty horrendous thing to do? It's naive to say that he just "knew" that all the other GMs would've passed over Salazar... they would've just as likely passed over Alfredo Simon, who has much less of a chance of being a help to the team.

Speaking or Scott Moore, I realize he had not such a good season, but notice a trend here?

April  .184	.286	.306	.592	May    .221	.272	.395	.667	June   .284	.339	.422	.761	July   .279	.404	.512	.916

Not a prospect anymore but he's still relatively young at 25!

Last Season

Salazar (AAA) - .316 .371 .512 .883 5 Dingers

Salazar (MLB) - .284 .372 .506 .878 13 Dingers ? We have good reason to want guys like these at least on the bench.

Salazar: .284 .372 .506 878 5 HR MLB http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/oscar-salazar.shtml

Who said I'm saying that? This is silly. I didn't care about Salazar, I've never seen him as being a very valuable contributor. But it was a gamble, and there were much less valuable players to risk losing one way or the other. MacPhail had no control over what the other 29 GMs decided, and yet people are forgiving him for the unnecessary risk anyway.

Let's say AM were to trade Wieters for Brandon Fahey, and then a week later Wieters decides on a whim that he's gonna retire and join the circus. Would you forgive AM for the move, or would you still think it was a pretty horrendous thing to do? It's naive to say that he just "knew" that all the other GMs would've passed over Salazar... they would've just as likely passed over Alfredo Simon, who has much less of a chance of being a help to the team.

This is a ridiculous comparison.:rolleyestf:

Let's say AM were to trade Wieters for Brandon Fahey, and then a week later Wieters decides on a whim that he's gonna retire and join the circus. Would you forgive AM for the move, or would you still think it was a pretty horrendous thing to do?

Oh my

Last Season

Salazar (AAA) - .316 .371 .512 .883 13 Dingers

Salazar (MLB) - .284 .372 .506 .878 5 Dingers

We have good reason to want guys like these at least on the bench.

Knott hit for a 819 OPS in his 5th year in AAA?

Color me unimpressed.

Archived