Oscar Salazar removed from 40 man roster

jeffstonefan

I would say the timing is what helped here. If the Orioles were to make the move during or at the end of ST, he would have been claimed IMO. But rosters are pretty much almost set for most clubs. If the Orioles try to DFA him again after calling him up during the season, I bet he'll be claimed then as well.

For now it looks like Andy was able to sneak a fastball down the middle of the plate...

Dude, there was nobody in the batter's box.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O's Salazar clears waivers

Infielder outrighted to Norfolk

By a baltimoresun.com reporter

4:23 PM EST, January 26, 2009

Infielder Oscar Salazar has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Triple-A Norfolk, the Orioles announced in a news release.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-osnotes126,0,6979107.story

AM obviously understands the value of the players in our system better than we do. He is going to be in ST and will get his shot to make the impression everyone seems to think he will.

So, because it just happened to unexpectedly turn out lucky for us, that means he made the right move? AM just knew all along that he'd make it through waivers?

Maybe he knew that other teams have their own 30 year old career minor leaguers that are being left off of rosters.

O's Salazar clears waivers

Infielder outrighted to Norfolk

By a baltimoresun.com reporter

4:23 PM EST, January 26, 2009

Infielder Oscar Salazar has cleared waivers and been outrighted to Triple-A Norfolk, the Orioles announced in a news release.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-osnotes126,0,6979107.story

AM obviously understands the value of the players in our system better than we do. He is going to be in ST and will get his shot to make the impression everyone seems to think he will.

You mean the type of player who no other team in baseball was willing to give a 40 man roster spot to???? Give me a break.

Archived