Is it just a bad game or does Mountcastle actually suck as a firstbase?

Gurgi

Today Mountcastle looked awful.   He seems stiff and not real athletic.   How was he drafted as a SS and be this piss poor at first?  He seems to play like a 38 year old man with weight issues.   

Do we just have to deal with it?   Is his bat enough?   I remember when we put Mark Reynolds at firstbase because he had the yips and couldnt throw from third to first.  He was amazing at first.   Chris Davis was decent at first.   Mountcastle looks like a short hop is something he has never seen before.   When he was drafted as a SS and he should be better that this.  

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow took all of a couple days for the harpies to start circling Mountcastle again.

Does he go around kicking puppies or something?

And why isn't this in the RANTS forum?

This is not a new thing for me a least.  I hear some talking about Mountcastle should of been in the discussion last year for Gold Glove.   I dont know what others are seeing but I have never liked his defense.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

This is not a new thing for me a least.  I hear some talking about Mountcastle should of been in the discussion last year for Gold Glove.   I dont know what others are seeing but I have never liked his defense.  

Yes I know this isn't the first time you've criticized Mountcastle.

But this is a rant and should be in the rant forum.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes I know this isn't the first time you've criticized Mountcastle.

But this is a rant and should be in the rant forum.

It is not a rant.  I am actually asking if someone stat minded guy can prove to me that Mountcastle actually plays good at first.  Because from my day by day watching games it does not appear he does.   I want to be wrong.  I just am asking if someone can show me how I am wrong.   

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

It is not a rant.  I am actually asking if someone stat minded guy can prove to me that Mountcastle actually plays good at first.  Because from my day by day watching games it does not appear he does.   I want to be wrong.  I just am asking if someone can show me how I am wrong.   

You asked if he "sucked" and if he was "piss-poor".  You provided no actual evidence of anything.

You also said that Reynolds was "amazing at first" which is a statement that has no factual evidence supporting it.

That's a rant.

You think he had a poor game and you are ranting about it.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You asked if he "sucked" and if he was "piss-poor".  You provided no actual evidence of anything.

You also said that Reynolds was "amazing at first" which is a statement that has no factual evidence supporting it.

That's a rant.

You think he had a poor game and you are ranting about it.

You must be fun at parties.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

As opposed to the peep calling a total stranger piss poor at something they could never dream of being able to do?

Sure.

How did  you get 100k post?  Just trolling threads?  Who made you the post police?  Why cant you just let a post you dont 100% agree with just go past?  But no....it has to be all about process and weither is the wrong forum area.   God man give it a rest.   

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Poor throws.

Sure the throws are not helping at all.  But Mountcastle does not seem to ever bail the infielder out.  

I am not sure I can remember a first base Oriole that looked more handcuffed on shorthop throws than Mountcastle.