No Chance Against Cease Tomorrow

sportsfan8703

We might as well just call the league office and forfeit. Cease is looking like CY Young. Grayson can’t buy command. Our bullpen is fried. We can’t win on Sundays, day games, or third games of a series. I’m sure Hyde will toss out his Sunday lineup. 

The White Sox are looking like -180 favorites. They’re clearly the superior team. We can’t come back from a crushing loss like that. Lay the $180. Win $100. Give yourself a free Memorial Day party budget. 

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We might as well just call the league office and forfeit. Cease is looking like CY Young. Grayson can’t buy command. Our bullpen is fried. We can’t win on Sundays, day games, or third games of a series. I’m sure Hyde will toss out his Sunday lineup. 

The White Sox are looking like -180 favorites. They’re clearly the superior team. We can’t come back from a crushing loss like that. Lay the $180. Win $100. Give yourself a free Memorial Day party budget. 

Depends how deep in the game he goes and who in the pen follows him.   O's couldn't get to Clevinger but they got  to the  WS pen.  Cease has only gone 5 innings in two of his starts and 6.1 innings in the other.

Edited by wildcard
  • Upvote 1

Some of y'all are too negative. How are you ever going to accomplish something in life if you give up before even trying? Imagine if scientists said man wasn't created with wings, so flight was impossible. Or that we couldn't send rockets into space. No, it was the opposite. Some dared to dream that it was possible and came up with applicable ways to make it happen.

As for Dylan Cease, our Orioles beat him last season and they can beat him again. Anything is possible. That's why they play the game.

• Upvote 1

I imagine this is some sort of reverse jinx attempt. I myself don’t believe in any of that. I believe skill and will is much more important to posses than “luck”.

As far as tomorrow’s game goes, our fortunes will largely come down to one Grayson Rodriguez. If he struggles with command and throws center cut pitches in 0-2 and 1-2 counts, then yes it will be an uphill battle. If he has better command when ahead in the count, we have a pretty good chance.

49 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Agreed. No shot whatsoever. Zero, zilch, nada. Baseball is very easy to predict, and we just can’t win this one. 

Also, my Hoyas have no chance at getting Hunter Dickinson in the transfer portal. 

DeMatha boys seldom go to GTown. Big beef back in day between Wooten &  Thompson (Carroll grad).  Maybe that’s all done now.  Hoskins & Freeman are only two I can think of ever to go there and they didn’t play for Wooten.  GTown was a big no no for the Stags. 

40 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

DeMatha boys seldom go to GTown. Big beef back in day between Wooten &  Thompson (Carroll grad).  Maybe that’s all done now.  Hoskins & Freeman are only two I can think of ever to go there and they didn’t play for Wooten.  GTown was a big no no for the Stags. 

Had no idea about that beef. 

I understand DeMatha is still good. Georgetown is irrelevant. 

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Had no idea about that beef. 

I understand DeMatha is still good. Georgetown is irrelevant. 

New coach this year after an interim coach last year.  Down year for DM standards (still ranked top 25 USA Today at points in season).  DeMatha created the WCAC power conference.  St. John’s, Gonzaga, PVI, O’Connell would be noting if Stags didn’t put WCAC on map and stir the competitive spirit in the DMV.   

41 WCAC titles / 6 National Championships/ 3 Hall of Famers / 6 boys in NBA currently 

And counting. We’ll be aight.

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

It can be done. The key will be Grayson, he needs to keep them close so there's still a chance when they get into Chicago's bullpen. Probably need 2-3 decent innings from Watkins then Bautista to close. Tough but not impossible.  

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Hunter was on campus today. Hope Cooley can bury that hatchet. Gtown needs to keep the local boys home to get back to where they want to be.