We really are in a monster of a division

dystopia

11 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Toronto is a bigger threat than the Yankees...and Tampa will cool off...dont sleep on the Jays...

Franchy has veen demoted.

I heard on the radio someone said the Yankees 7,8 and 9 hitters are the least productive in the Americsn League. I guess it is true but I look at some other teams like the Tigers and think maybe not  

It's important that we kick the **** out of KC because after that we have the Braves, Rays and then the Pirates.  After a 4 game set against the Angels, we've got the Jays again and then the Yankees, Rangers and the Guardians.  It's not about to get easier.

The Rays schedule is going to get tough for them, too.  They have the Pirates this week, then the Yankees, us, the Yankees again, the Mets, the Brewers, the Jays, the Dodgers, the Cubs (not completely awful this year) and then the Red Sox.

I think the May schedule is going to tell us a lot about these two teams.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Plus it’s the Royals and I’ll never forgive them for the 2014 ALCS. I want to Orioles to sweep the Royals every time they play no matter the circumstances. 

Most frustrating series of baseball I have ever watched. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

Most frustrating series of baseball I have ever watched. 

Even before that series started in 2014, I was nervous. I did not like that match up and  would have preferred the Angels. The Royals had a killer bullpen, very good team speed running the bases and a stellar defense. Just the type of team built for the grind of postseason baseball.

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Even before that series started in 2014, I was nervous. I did not like that match up and  would have preferred the Angels. The Royals had a killer bullpen, very good team speed running the bases and a stellar defense. Just the type of team built for the grind of postseason baseball.

And then they just dinked and doinked us every game it seemed like. 

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Are you old enough to have watched the 1969 World Series?

No sir! Born in '83, so the Buck years were really my first memorable playoff years. I was hit or miss with fandom as a kid in the 90s, but really started to lock in during the early 2000s Dark Years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Plus it’s the Royals and I’ll never forgive them for the 2014 ALCS. I want to Orioles to sweep the Royals every time they play no matter the circumstances. 

There's the angle.     The YES Network guy who has a book coming out on the 25th anniversary of the '98 Yankees had an anecdote how after the slow 1-4 start Torre was mad and called a meeting.   David Cone spoke of the need to find a way to hate your opponent every night.

Adley needs to look at Jordan Lyles Thursday like some of us would look at Eric Hosmer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's important that we kick the **** out of KC because after that we have the Braves, Rays and then the Pirates.  After a 4 game set against the Angels, we've got the Jays again and then the Yankees, Rangers and the Guardians.  It's not about to get easier.

The Rays schedule is going to get tough for them, too.  They have the Pirates this week, then the Yankees, us, the Yankees again, the Mets, the Brewers, the Jays, the Dodgers, the Cubs (not completely awful this year) and then the Red Sox.

I think the May schedule is going to tell us a lot about these two teams.  

Would you take .500 for May? 

11 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Franchy has veen demoted.

I heard on the radio someone said the Yankees 7,8 and 9 hitters are the least productive in the Americsn League. I guess it is true but I look at some other teams like the Tigers and think maybe not  

Franchy now veen promoted. Or taking the place of the Judge. Franchy is a tough man to kept down or walk.