DL Hall the 27th man?

Going Underground

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

2.60 WHIP setup man. Get him out of here.

We have enough depth that we can hide him for a while. He was an elite reliever last year, throws 98, is left handed, and out of options. Getting rid of him is way premature. We also need space for Tate and Givens so I do not think Hall's time has come yet. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

We have enough depth that we can hide him for a while. He was an elite reliever last year, throws 98, is left handed, and out of options. Getting rid of him is way premature. We also need space for Tate and Givens so I do not think Hall's time has come yet. 

Should be getting rid of him when Tate/Givens return - might as well give Hall a look in a regular role until then.

Edited by DirtyBird

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Should be getting rid of him when Tate/Givens return - might as well give Hall a look in a regular role until then.

If we start dumping every player who has a bad month, we’re going to be in for a world of hurt. 

Cionel wasn’t mediocre last year, he was really really good. He deserves more time and he will get it. And I suspect we’ll be happy he did later this season 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He just needs to find his command. He’s not really getting hit around, it’s more so the walks, and getting behind hitters. 

I don’t think Perez is an option to go anywhere until he implodes completely, or one of Tate and Givens is ready to come back. Perez was a bullpen stud last year, but because of his cocky attitude, I can see why someone would turn on him quickly. 

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

If we start dumping every player who has a bad month, we’re going to be in for a world of hurt. 

Cionel wasn’t mediocre last year, he was really really good. He deserves more time and he will get it. And I suspect we’ll be happy he did later this season 

How did he end up here?

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He just needs to find his command. He’s not really getting hit around, it’s more so the walks, and getting behind hitters. 

I don’t think Perez is an option to go anywhere until he implodes completely, or one of Tate and Givens is ready to come back. Perez was a bullpen stud last year, but because of his cocky attitude, I can see why someone would turn on him quickly. 

Why would a cocky attitude turn off fans of the team he’s playing for?  

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I will be shocked if this happens. You are entitled to your opinion of course. Voth has been pretty bad too. If I were to bet on one of them bouncing back it would be Perez.

You may be right that Perez gets squeezed out by Tate/Givens but should be given every chance to turn around after the year he had last year. I wish we had traded him in the offseason, oh well. Hate to lose Coulombe or Cano the way they have pitched. Even Akin has been pretty good. Akin has an option left though so I would be inclined to option Akin over DFA Perez.

15 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Voth and Akin should be gone when/if Tate and Givens return. Also, who knows if everyone will all be healthy at the same time.