Friday, May 5: Orioles in Atlanta trying to win 11th straight series opening game

SteveA

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I think it was a bad idea to have him bat leadoff for the first time against someone like Fried.  

Have him bat leadoff in a series against the A's or some other pathetic team.  

I don't like Mateo batting leadoff. I know they say batting order doesn't matter, but I don't buy that psychologically. Mateo might feel the urge to press more batting leadoff trying to be a table setter for the heart of the batting order. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't like Mateo batting leadoff. I know they say batting order doesn't matter, but I don't buy that psychologically. Mateo might feel the urge to press more batting leadoff trying to be a table setter for the heart of the batting order. 

Agreed.  I'd just keep him where he was in the lineup.  He was raking.  No need to move him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I always found it funny that some dude got a save in the 30-3 game 

I still can't get over that I went out that night when the Orioles were leading 3-0 before the implosion. It was before smart phones, so I didn't check the score until I got home later that night.

My first reaction was that has to be a misprint no way the Orioles lost that badly.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s