Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

We get it, man. You aren’t fond of Ryan Mountcastle.

Something about the guy bugs me too.  Dont like the weird exaggerated lean back before every pitch.  Hate the swinging at slop like Adam Jones loved to do.  And hate the fact he cant dig a ball out of the dirt at first to save his life.   For a young guy he seems already just a DH type.  

And that goofy smile on his face......hate it.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Something about the guy bugs me too.  Dont like the weird exaggerated lean back before every pitch.  Hate the swinging at slop like Adam Jones loved to do.  And hate the fact he cant dig a ball out of the dirt at first to save his life.   For a young guy he seems already just a DH type.  

To be fair, you can hate his performance at the plate all you want…and I guess his face, if that kind of thing bothers you. But his defense is on the O’s. They know he has no position and should be, at best, a DH. But they run him out there anyway.

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

To be fair, you can hate his performance at the plate all you want…and I guess his face, if that kind of thing bothers you. But his defense is on the O’s. They know he has no position and should be, at best, a DH. But they run him out there anyway.

If the other fielders quit making crap throws his defense at first looks a lot better.  You need an excavator out there to dig some of those throws.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the other fielders quit making crap throws his defense at first looks a lot better.  You need an excavator out there to dig some of those throws.

I really wonder what's going on with the bad IF throws. Must be psychological--and contagious.

18 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Also you have to win when you can - see yesterday.   Only “good” thing Hyde did was pitching relievers (other than Cano) 1 inning at a time.    Really frustrating watching Gunnar and Stowers not contribute much offensively.  And for all Mounty’s bad luck hitting - a bad luck out in the game would have scored at least a  run. 

I am sorry I have been following it closely. What's the story behind Stowers' sub-.100 hitting average?

32 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I am sorry I have been following it closely. What's the story behind Stowers' sub-.100 hitting average?

Small sample size is a part of it, today was his 10th game with the big club this year. He hasn’t played consistently when he’s been here, either, which can mess with some guys as they try to develop a rhythm.

I’m more concerned with Henderson, who has clearly been given the full confidence of the organization and honestly hasn’t made a single step forward. Something is very broken in him right now. I hope they can get it fixed.

1 hour ago, Pat Kelly said:

Also you have to win when you can - see yesterday.   Only “good” thing Hyde did was pitching relievers (other than Cano) 1 inning at a time.    Really frustrating watching Gunnar and Stowers not contribute much offensively.  And for all Mounty’s bad luck hitting - a bad luck out in the game would have scored at least a  run. 

Voth pitched two innings also. You're also denying the idea that Hyde may have pulled Wells at the right time.

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Here's what we do know, Andrew Jones is not an announcer. Speak up man and maybe use some voice inflection.

He was almost as hard to listen to as Cliff Floyd was when he did a game with Melanie Newman on Apple TV+. But Ben McDonald sounded great today, as always.

5 hours ago, Gurgi said:

I only started noticing the lean back this year. I don't remember him doing that in past years.

33 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

He was almost as hard to listen to as Cliff Floyd was when he did a game with Melanie Newman on Apple TV+. But Ben McDonald sounded great today, as always.

Ben certainly showed well today. 

5 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

This game is a tough pill to swallow. We have our most important division rival coming to town tomorrow and we've burned through our entire bullpen with a negative result.

That's really the toughest part of this loss. I think the team is going to have to make a move for a fresh reliever who can provide some length.