Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

Can't be too upset. It was a good game overall to watch. The pitching was really good for both teams. We just ran out of bullets. They had one better reliever than us.

Remember, if Mountcastle just has a professional at bat back in what, the 3rd 4th inning, then the Orioles win. Sometimes it's those little things.  

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Game 1: Burnes (2.83) vs. Berrios (2.85)  Game 2: Bradish (1.86) vs. Bassitt (5.06) Game 3: Irvin (2.90) vs. Kikuchi (2.64) Some good pitching matchups, but we have to take care of business and show them why they are the inferior bird. 
    • If Elias could justify calling up Holliday with the some roster makeup, then I don't see why Mayo shouldn't be called up.  It's the same case for him.  Super prospect, with elite skills, that can be a real difference maker now and in September/October, and that we're willing to sacrifice the Super Two to have him up right now.   We're at the 1/4 point of the season, meaning that guys will need regular rest.  Mayo could easily be playing in 6 out of every 7 games, and he should be.  
    • Tickets for today in mid row sec 52 or first row club 248 for under $35. Amazing! I already paid $46 each using the Flex plan. Maybe they'll score some runs for Burnes.    
    • I am pretty close to done with Perez. 
    • I’m sure GRod is probably trying to convince the team that he doesn’t need a rehab start.   What ML player really wants to spend the day in Bowie or Norfolk in front of 5,000 people in a game that doesn’t count if he doesn’t have to.
    • I think that's all true, but Andino does have a couple other things that leave a positive memory. He played a lot for the 2012 playoff team while the others were dark ages only. And there's a reason he lasted longer than any of the names you mentioned, despite being a similar archetype:  Total rWAR with the Orioles Andino 3.1 Izturis 1.7 Bynum -0.8 Fahey -0.8 Castro -1.2 Cintron -1.2
    • Correct me if I’m wrong, but Kremer has very good “first time through the order” numbers and then tends to see a drop off when batters face him subsequent times. While I certainly don’t think he’s a “bullpen pitcher” per se, given the logjam, moving him to the pen could have its advantages. Though there’s a whole nother discussion about that being outweighed by removing the value he adds  as being an effective starter. 
  • Popular Contributors